Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Old(er) Modeling Magazines

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 01:15 PM
SoCal GliderGuider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old(er) Modeling Magazines

What to do with several boxes of old modeling magazines. I'm not inclined to just chuck the whole lot into the trash. These mags go back to the 60's. Mostly Model Airplane News although I think there are a few Flying Models in the bunch.

These were part of a take away at a recently deceased modeler's estate.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95556.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	406798  
Old 02-12-2006, 01:34 PM
iaclmac

Default RE: Old(er) Modeling Magazines

If I was close by, I would be more than happy to take them off your hands. However, there must be a local club you can donate them. If there are complete years, ebay might be a good place. I don't know what they are worth. However one thing is for certain ... most of the people bidding on ebay have more money than brains! At any rate, those old mags are priceless to those who like building from scratch.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:13 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, about ten years ago, I too obtained numerous magazines from an estate. Many many in the boxes delivered here were duplicates of one another, and of the ones I already had. I did just about ten minutes of investigation and found local libraries had beat up copies already, or nothing for certain years. I got a five year membership out of the donation.

Wm.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:52 AM
fritzke
My Feedback: (1)

SoCal,
Sent you a PM, I am interested in them.
Dave