Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Tailorcraft plans

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 05:43 AM
fredo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tailorcraft plans

Hi guys, does anyone know where could I get a set of plans for a Tailorcraft clipped wing plane that I could fit DA100 to it. I'm talking about large scale. And having in mind Duane Coyle color scheme.
thanks heaps....
Old 04-03-2006, 01:29 PM
SDM
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Tailorcraft plans

I think RC Modeler mag has a 1/4 scale set that might work. In fact I think I have a set buried somewhere. I am not sure about the dimensions of your engine but the I would think the plans are still available through their web site plans service.
Sam
Old 04-04-2006, 02:37 AM
fredo

Thanks for the reply Sam
I just discovered that a guy named Bob Nelitz made a set of plans for a large scale long time ago I think to fit 50cc engine. Not too sure if that's still available. What I have in mind is to build same size as the guy(don't know his name) I saw at last year's Joe Nall. I think he was part of the JR team. That plane was just simply gorgeous. He was doing some very low knife edge passes. If I remember correctly he had 108 3W engine in the nose with the Duane Cole color scheme. Even Quique Somenzini was flying it. If I could get hold of a set of plans of that plane I'd be more than happy.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Checksix!
My Feedback: (1)

Model Airplane News has a nice set at RCstore.com but theywill need to be enlarged for 100cc.

Dave
Old 04-21-2006, 07:52 PM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

Warren Thomas flew one at the Joe Nall last year. 100cc engines. My understanding is that it is from Reids Quality Models:

http://www.reidsmodels.com./index.html

There isn't any listing for plans or kit of this size on their site. You might give them a call about it and see what they say. Here's a picture with three of them- two clipped and one not.

Dave Michael
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89626.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	449120  
Old 04-21-2006, 09:26 PM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi,

You might be in luck. I have a set of the Nelitz Clipped Wing Taylorcraft plans. They are 1/3 scale and are new. I bought them from a guy off of the IMAA Classifieds about 8 years ago and he bought them from Cedarbridge Scale (Nelitz's plans service) back in 1987. I still have his receipt for the original purchase. I have the Neltiz 1/3 scale Piper Cub that I plan to build "someday" but don't think I will get to the Taylorcraft. Specs are:

Wingspan 112"
Fuselage 88"
Weight 28-30 pounds
He says power is a Quadra 50 or bigger. Looks like plenty of room under the cowl for a twin 100.

These plans are a work of art just like all of Nelitz plans. There are a lot of scale details but an experienced builder will have no trouble. Will make a beautifull airplane.

I just looked at the plans and they say that the cowl in available from Hobby Barn. I just checked and they have a website and have the plans and the cowl listed. Check www.hobbybarn.com

If you want mine or just have any other questions about the plans send me an email.

[email protected]

Old 04-23-2006, 06:24 AM
airbatic2000

The 1/3 CW taylorcraft plans was drawn by Bob Nelitz. I have a copy of the plans purchased from Reids models. They are still available i think. They're listed under the plans sections on Reids website.

Old 04-29-2006, 09:53 PM
fredo

Thanks for the offer guys I made a quick move and purchased them from Dave Reids already. Wow, I never realised how huge 1/3 scale is. Looks like I have to build new work bench first 'cos mine is only good for building the stab I think. Now, I actualy would like to contact somebody who has build one and like to share some hints. I was searching for any old threads on building this one but no luck.
I appreciate any comments.