Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1675

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Scratch building 105

First spinner modified and adapted to 3 blade prop that will be used on the model has been installed on motor #3!, It got same treatment as first trial spinner did and fitted nicely on the shaft and the propeller...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	He97437.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	1818278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ni23910.jpg 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	1818279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lq38153.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	1818280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt57747.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	1818281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yt62477.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	1818282  

I do believe in KISS (Keep it simple silly), but doesn\'\'t mean my models fall in this category!
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some pictures from London Swap meet and model display....

Name:	Ge94364.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	1818288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Up48694.jpg 
Views:	12 
ID:	1818289   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dj11733.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	1818290   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yd81522.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	1818291   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om33343.jpg 
Views:	21 
ID:	1818292  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm38073.jpg 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	1818293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qn38522.jpg 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	1818294  
    I do believe in KISS (Keep it simple silly), but doesn\'\'t mean my models fall in this category!
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bought 12 gauge 20' of silicone wiring from LHS yesterday, 3.5" straight double arm and couple CF rods to extend ones I bought at LHR swapmeet. Can't sit without working on this model as it seems, if I don't do anything to it for 2 days, my hands starts to get that itch to keep on working on it.....

First 2 servos on both OB rudders were connected to the "Y" harness, this will leave me with center rudder, so i'm going to use both OB rudder on main rudder channel on my rx and for the center rudder, i'll put it on separate channel and do the mix with main rudder channel.

When I initially mounted the back plates of the spinners, even though I had to modify the blind nuts by sanding bit off at the ends for the prop adopter to fit flush, it wasn't seating perfectly flat against the back plates, this was causing me worry as spinner wouldn't turn true to the point and at super high rpms, i'm sure these would cause a lot of vibration with chances of damaging the motors!. So I looked at the aluminum prop adopter itself and decided to sand tiny bit off from one of the four corners to make it fit flushed with the back plates. It took little time to make these tiny notches to say the least which in the end worked out really nice. I doubt sanding these tiny bit off from the adopters would cause any balance issues on the rotation of main drum of the motors.

Name:	Jh15055.jpg 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	1819785   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw70789.jpg 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	1819786   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Va72711.jpg 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	1819787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk27459.jpg 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	1819788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xs58500.jpg 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	1819789  

Name:	Gl20897.jpg 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	1819790   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om33408.jpg 
ID:	1819791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm37610.jpg 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	1819792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ch95403.jpg 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	1819793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db85698.jpg 
ID:	1819794  

Name:	Bw72811.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	1819795  
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I need suggestions as to where would be good place to mount my ESC's inside the cowls and where on the motor mounts. I also have lower air scoops too keeping the wires at standard length, I doubt these could fit in them.

With this Esc there is a battery balancing board also, now how does it works plus this esc also has BEC on it....I will be installing separate 15A esc on this model.

Name:	He97076.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	1819800  
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Time of consideration is here, where what will be placed in the model electronically...

Placed ECS inside the scoop to see if this would be good spot for it, don't forget front intake of the scoop will be opened for air to flow through it!, scale baby scale!!!!

I took few series of pictures to share this with you all on here to get better ideas so I can make better graduated decision....

Name:	Tr49592.jpg 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	1819814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cx75965.jpg 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	1819815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ch96344.jpg 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	1819816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp45022.jpg 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	1819817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yt61760.jpg 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	1819818  

Name:	Ag91246.jpg 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	1819819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp42917.jpg 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	1819820  
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That looks fine as long as you provide an outlet for the cooling exit keeping the outlet at the 140% ratio to the inlet. Be sure to baffle the interior with foam to keep the air stream as close to the ESC as you can, with just airflow the prop blast should provide I think you will have enough airflow to keep the ESC nice and cool.

Sam, the more I look at those four motors hanging off of that thing the more I think that two batteries are not enough. I would wire it so that all four motor's/ESC's have home runs for the batteries to the center battery compartment anyhow using 12 gauge wire (10 gauge if I ran it as a buss) and use a Y setup to connect the four ESC's to your two batteries. That way if you need more power you don't have to do anything but add another pair of batteries and lose the Y's. I have got the feeling that thing is going to suck up a lot of power in a short time. As a matter of fact I'd have a good size battery for the radio and servos themselves, you have a lot of electronics on that plane and I'd doubt that you have much more than a minuet to a minute and a half's worth of power for everything, along with the motors.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Paul,

My friend n I have done calculations with this battery set up and we got 5-6 mins flight time at 50% to 60% throttle while cruising Max thrust at full power we got was 40lbs!. More then 1:1 power to thrust ratio here... Now after what you said, I have decided to make parallel adopted extension harness to add couple more lipos if ground taxi tests showed time to be shorter then what we got in reality.....I'll find his pm with our calculations n will post numbers on here...

Here is the calcs;

http://www.ecalc.ch/motorcalc_e.htm?...tch=8&blades=3

Look reasonable. If wing loading is average than you are fine.

power 4 x 830W = 3300W
    thrust 4 x 3100g = 12050g or 40lbs

This gives 110W/lb power to weight
    see http://www.e-fliterc.com/Articles/Ar...ArticleID=1563

Remember these are estimates, calcs are only as good as the data in the the database. Generally, this calculator in pretty trustworthy.
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You also have to figure in the power draw for the servos and receivers. Just in servos alone your going to have a fair amount of load, the receiver itself has a low draw but with all the servos that will change things.
    For most of my electrics planes I like to be in the 150w/lb range for good solid performance, my little delta is actually nutty range with around 500w/lb, and with that I only have a 3 min flight time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I see now where you are coming from, NO servos will be powered separately from another battery, since I'll be using separate 15A BEC, I will be able to power them on another set up. This way there will be 2 power systems on board, one purely for the motors and esc's and second for the servos. If you combined all the servos to the same main power lipos, yeah your are right then.....
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lookin' good!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Today in London, ON's local community newspaper....

http://www.londoncommunitynews.com/2...aft-swap-meet/

"Brothers Sam and Yasir Haqqi from Mississauga, pose with the 1:14 scale replica of a Super Constellation that took six years to build from scratch. The brothers hope to have the model of the storied plane airborne within two weeks."

My Quote of the day-
    "Scratch builds has life of there own with no time limits or predictions on the it will get completed, it will when it will"
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Another recognition today in Connie Survivor's site:

http://conniesurvivors.com/1-connie_news.htm#NOV21
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For last few months I have been trying to achieve a throttle scale sequencing start up set up but all the past trials have gone to a wall until now. 3 weeks ago I contacted horizon hobbies tech department and asked how can I do this on my new DX 18 with all bells and whistles, initially they said it's not doable and there is no way of doing it. OK !, i was not impressed but didn't gave up, so a week later I called again and talked to head of the department, he took time to fully listen and understand what I wanted and then went through the systems and programmings to do this sequential set up but wasn't able to, yet he really liked the idea and said, let him work on it but no promises.....well couple days ago I got a email and call from them and you won't believe it but tech department actually took my requirements and spces and created a program with 2 options to achieve my goal!....Tonite I very happy to say my Spectrum DX18 is the only radio out there who has a capability to start all 4 engines on my Connie with scale starting and idling sequence as 3 - 4 - 2 -1, once all for motors idle at 15% throttle setting, then primary throttle stick does take over full throttle control as normal.....

Tomorrow I have a friend coming who will make power wire harness for my model, once they are made and installed in the wing, I will do first all 2 engines start up on the Connie!!!!!!
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

as i post this, all 4 motors, esc's, all the wiring is installed in the wing and nacelles. At 3pm first test with single engine hooked up and was powered up for the first time, it was a blast to see the wing under power!!, at 1/2 throttle wing started to move forward on its own and stuff in the back side was blown off, She is very powerful bird !!!!.

In about 1.5hrs, I will start all the engines with new DX18 and scale start up and idle sequence as 3- 4- 2- 1 feature developed with my specs and requirements by Horizon Hobbies just for my model !!!....
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

First video shows you how scale throttle start up and idle sequence shows on the screen of the TX.

Start up and idle sequence on my Connie is engines 3 - 4- 2- 1 , this can be changed to any other sequence plus you can change your idle percentage to as low as motor and esc will allow before cut off. In that regard you have full throttle control on you throttle stick.

Sorry video can't be directly uploaded, i'll upload it on my Youtube account and post it's link there, this will be same for first engine start up test and demo to PIA officials last night at a dinner I gave them.

We couldn't solder on last 2 EC5 connectors that would connect to battery connectors, nin time last nigh so therefore I couldn't run all 4 engines for PIA officials and demonstrated single engine start up and runs....
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApL1tzES49Y&feature=colike[/youtube]
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Engine run up demo for both this model and few senior most ex-PIA pilots dinner that I arranged for them, they wanted to see this model anxiously so I arranged this event in there honor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1vVYpQE1hPs
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sam, wait to you hear all four spinning up like that...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Horizon Hobbies and I have been working on developing a program to replicate scale aircraft's multi engine start up and idle sequence. It took me many months to get to this level as I tried many different ways to achieve it but was unsuccessful until now.

Here is a video I made to show you who it works on DX18 transmitter, I have yet to bind the TX with RX to actually operate this feature in the reality. This is still in experimental stage at this time. There are 2 ways to doing this, manual or auto, presently TX is set with manual feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvnUUjD_YjA
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here are close up shots of all the wiring, esc's and motors installed in the center wing section. Lower access hatch's made in the outer nacelles. Hopefully tomorrow all the left over connectors will solder on and all 4 motors will start at one time.

Name:	Kh17427.jpg 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	1827278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Id96123.jpg 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	1827279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jo30263.jpg 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	1827280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo40222.jpg 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	1827281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Je99983.jpg 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	1827282  

Name:	Rw58404.jpg 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	1827283  
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All 4 are now turning but none burning !!....

Mounting nose gear assembly properly now days, should be good to go by today's end....
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All 4 motors idling....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Gfn...ature=youtu.be

Power up to 75% video will be posted soon....
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looking good! Maybe Iā€™m a worry wart, but do you want to stand in front of it running or put your body parts in line of the prop arcs?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 8178

Looking good! Maybe Iā€™m a worry wart, but do you want to stand in front of it running or put your body parts in line of the prop arcs?

He he he.....well the way wing is set on the table, that is only way to hold it, on idle to 30% throttle it's ok but when i wanted to see how far on up throttle I can go, I held it from sides, i was on one side and my brother was on other and at 75% things started to fly all over in the room.....
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

At the occasion of very first indoor taxi trial this beautiful picture was taken from over head by one of our community's best photo and videographers Mr Sabir Gaya.....

Video will be posted soon but enjoy this shot till then....

Name:	Nl28542.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	1830645  
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast