Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Please suggest a REPUTABLE Kit Cutter Company

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Please suggest a REPUTABLE Kit Cutter Company

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please suggest a REPUTABLE Kit Cutter Company

Hello all,

I am looking for a consistant reputable kit cutter to cut the parts from a plan. This is a 60 size WW1 Pfalz DIII. I have heard mixed reviews from different companies so I need someone to steer me straight. I am willing to pay reasonable fee but I also would like 4-6 weeks turn around time. Thank you for your suggestion as I am anxious to get this project started. DP
Old 08-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Pitts S1S
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Please suggest a REPUTABLE Kit Cutter Company

Larry at Precision Kit Cutter does an outstanding job. Two thumbs up from me.

Jeff
Old 08-15-2006, 03:33 AM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dal Phan,

I haven't dealt with him for his laser cutting service, but I bought the LearFan 2100 plans (that he drew himself) from him. Very helpful guy, very responsive on email.

http://www.rcmmagazine.com/store/pla...tch-cat-ad.pdf
Old 08-18-2006, 09:37 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Take a look at Arizona Modlers kit cutting service. I just got the 33% Jungmeister 133 short kit from them and it is done well.
[email protected]
Old 08-18-2006, 05:52 PM
naviguesser

Am looking for kit cutter for Rich Urivitch giant scale OV-10. Do you have e-mail or phone address/number For Precision Cuts?
Old 08-18-2006, 07:37 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done quite a few now. And find that biggest problem has been in the interpretation of the original plan. This is what really wastes the time. The laser cutting firms I deal with get a bit upset when the $2 piece of wood they just cut is now junk. It takes a bit of time to inspect and adjust the linework on the plans. Sorry, I ahve cut off of some very expensive plans, and when the designer is told of the error, usually reply is that they forgot to correct some spot or parts.

If the top view of the fuselage is longer than the sideview, which is correct? Then, so many times the plan will have parts shown upon it which are wider or thinner than the views suggest. Can't tell you of all the hot letters I ahve received concerning "Parts that do not fit", problem was in that the customer felt the plans were infalible. Not knowing that several years ago the parts had to be shimmed or trimmed in order to fit the outlines on the paper.

Out of the blue, perhaps you choose poorly drafted plans, or ones in which perhaps not much forethought was taken. Have been struggling with plans made up by an RCU forum reader. They are quite poor, in that there is a lot of guessing done to determine the wood thickness or type. Did the customer waste $35 in purchasing them?

Wm.