Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

problem insert DXF in drawings

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

problem insert DXF in drawings

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 03:06 PM
sergio luiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem insert DXF in drawings

Hi Guys,

Somebody can tell me because a file generated in the program WINFOIL in DXF with measures in inches, when enclosed in the drawing that this in inches also
Is the size of DXF much larger than the one of the drawing?
And how should I do for this to solve?

Thank you for the attention

Sergio Luiz (JOCA)
Old 08-20-2006, 03:50 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: problem insert DXF in drawings

a dxf file should open at the size it was originally drawn in.in design cad there are two option.you can use units to define the new size or scale which you have to but in a scaling factor for both x and y axis.other programs should have similar commands for sizing.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:04 PM
dolanosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: problem insert DXF in drawings

Sorry but I do not use Winfoil. Some applications will make the airfoil to 1 unit in chord. Meaning it could either be in 1 unit of metric or in US foot or inches. This, of course directly reflects on the coordinates of the airfoil. Basically, you just need to set up your CAD application to use whatever units you want and scale accordingly. Hope this helps.