Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

I am not worthy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 12:54 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am not worthy!

Have you guys seen this thread? ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! I think I'm gonna go back to crappie fishin. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=75216
Old 01-08-2003, 04:51 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I am not worthy!

One things for sure. I'm sure not that talented. HOLY COW.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:11 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default I am not worthy!

His CAD mastery IS phenominal. But all that effort for a little parkflyer........... It must be taking WAY longer to do all that than it would to make it from a 3 view as a stand off sorta scale.

If he ever turns his talents to FAI world level scale the US will be grand champ that year for sure....
Old 01-08-2003, 06:24 PM
a088008

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am not worthy!

Loved reading the thread, with all the pics!

I would have preferred more stringers on the fuselage, but still a very good looking model with light weight.

Impressive.

-Q.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:27 PM
AV8TOR
My Feedback: (2)

Default I am not worthy!

But all that effort for a little parkflyer...........
I think it’s refreshing to see. Sometimes the journey is more rewarding than the destination. In this day and age of AFR ARC and so forth most people lost the appreciation of the personal expression of scratch building. Are you saying he is less a Modeler than if he built a 35% scale TOC plane? I hope not.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:44 PM
balsaman

Default I am not worthy!

Fantastic cad work and building. Very light too. It looked like so much wood in there I was wondering if he could keep it around 12 oz.

Eric
Old 01-08-2003, 09:05 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default I am not worthy!

Originally posted by AV8TOR

I think it’s refreshing to see. Sometimes the journey is more rewarding than the destination. In this day and age of AFR ARC and so forth most people lost the appreciation of the personal expression of scratch building. Are you saying he is less a Modeler than if he built a 35% scale TOC plane? I hope not.
No no, of course not. And you're right about the journey. I was just amazed at the time he must have put into the CAD aspect. Obviously he's very comfortable with his Rhino software.... And it did pay off in the end. The construction of that otherwise very difficult project went well it seems.

And hey, I like small and different stuff. That's my copy of the Jim Longstreth Monocoupe bostonian in my avatar. Hardly a competive contest model but then I just built it for me....