Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

PLEASE READ!!! i need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 11:16 PM
sharpshooter223

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE READ!!! i need help

i am looking for electronic plans for a nice bi-plane, this seems like the catagory with the most people with plans, so i figured this would be easiest to get a response to. if you have any electronic plans for a bi-plane, or a know a site that has them, could you please send the plans, or the link to me?
Old 09-15-2006, 03:49 AM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: PLEASE READ!!! i need help

Sharpshooter243,
Check out greatplanes.com You may also check out the Oficial AMA website. Good luck.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:28 AM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharps,

Check out www.traplethouse.com Under "Construction plans" in their catalog they list both electric scale and sport designs. Plenty of bipes - should be something you like there. Prices are decent and delivery takes about 3 weeks.

papermache
Old 09-15-2006, 09:35 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may also want to consider "converting" a glow plane to electric. They now have reasonably priced motors/batteries that provide equivelant power to 46 (and larger ) size planes.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:39 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm guessing that you're after downloadable plans for free?

If so then check the links in the Free Plans thread stuck to the top of the forum listings.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:56 AM
sharpshooter223

ORIGINAL: Campy

You may also want to consider "converting" a glow plane to electric. They now have reasonably priced motors/batteries that provide equivelant power to 46 (and larger ) size planes.
NO!!!!!!! there is no way in hell i would convert to electric, im acctually looking at electric plans thinking of converting to glow, even if i do have to pay for fuel, at least i understand its throttle, and in my experience, glow has always been more reliable. besides, with electric you dont get the noise or the smell when i said electronic plans i meant on the computer somewhere.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:57 AM
sharpshooter223

but yes, i am after free downloadable plans
Old 09-16-2006, 10:51 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I take it that you checked through all the sites linked in the Free Plans thread at the top of this forum? Nothing you liked there?

If that's the case then you're pretty much stuck with buying plans from one of the plans services. There may be some sites not linked there but it's a pretty good list of what is available for free.