Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Meister Plans - Can they be copied?

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Meister Plans - Can they be copied?

Old 09-26-2006, 06:01 AM
rwright142

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meister Plans - Can they be copied?

I won an eBay auction that advertised F4U Corsair plans. Here is the item:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:B:RTQ:US:1
-----
Here is a description of the item:
REAL NICE SET OF PLANS FOR A F4U CORSAIR. THIS HUGE 102" WING SPAN PLAN COMES IN 4 HIGHLY DETAILED PAGES. IT IS TRULY A NICE LOOKING PLAN. IT WOULD BE POWERED BY A .90 OR LARGER GAS MOTOR. MODEL WOULD WEIGH IN AT 18-22 LBS. GOOD LUCK THIS IS A NICE ONE!!!!!!
-----
I received the plans today. However, the drawings say 5 pages (1 of 5, 2 of 5, etc) but I did not get page 5. I called and spoke with the wife of the guy who posted the ad on eBay and she said that she "cut and pasted" page 5 onto one of the other pages. I then looked more closely at the plans and noticed a few things like:
1. I did not see anything that said "Page 5 of 5".
2. There were parts of the drawings that were covered up by other pieces of plans. This means that she did "cut and paste" parts of plans on top of other parts.
3. Parts of some plans were over the edges of the paper, cutting them off of the page.
4. The plans were drawn by "Jim Meister"
5. These are not original plans but copies. You can tell by the poor quality. Many words are hard to read, there are spots on the pages, and some of the parts are off of the page.

My question is did I get screwed? Are the real Meister plans good? Does this person have the right to copy the Meister plans and print them himself (on a plotter) and then sell them? I have emailed Meister and asked them the same question but I wanted to post here too for more opinions.

Thanks.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:51 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Meister Plans - Can they be copied?

Why don't you contact these fine folks and ask them? http://www.meister-scale.com/

I'm sure that they would be interested in your comments.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:24 AM
rwright142

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Meister Plans - Can they be copied?

I did (see last sentence in my post), and legal action will be taken. Thanks for the info.