Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Looking for Scale C130 Plans

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Looking for Scale C130 Plans

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 03:50 AM
psrmc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Scale C130 Plans

I've been looking, without luck, for complete plans of a scale C130 for electric flight. My goal is a long term project (1-1.5 years) while my wife is in medical school. I'm hoping to replicate the Blue Angels "Fat Albert" complete with retractable gear, flaps, and of course the JATO rocket launch. (probably crafted to use a pair of model rocket engines.) I'm interested in 80" to 100" wingspan. (no room for much larger)

Help if you can!!
Old 01-22-2003, 10:50 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I sent you a PM with a link to Palmer Plans. Dan offers plans for the C130 in a couple sizes. American kit Cutters cuts the components of this kit also, which would be a huge savings in time and effort. But don't worry, buying the pre-cut components probably won't jeopardize your 1-1.5 yrs. Especially if your knocking off the Fat one in all its' intricacy...which I certainly hope you are. This one is down the road on my list also, as I already possess the plans.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:39 PM
psrmc

Thanks,

I'm placing a call to Dan today to see what he recommends for converting the 87" ws to an electric.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:30 PM
nascarfan88

psrmc,

Ever consider the Puff the Magic Version of the C-130? All those cannons and guns hanging out the side is awesome. Just a thought.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:22 AM
psrmc

Hmmm, That sounds like fun as well. I've purchased a set of Dan Palmers C130 82"ws plans and will start this project soon. Perhaps one side can be Fat Albert and the other Puff the Magic Dragon. I would certainly get both the Navy and the Air Force guys worked up. I'm going to stick with Fat Albert on this project. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-30-2003, 01:57 AM
powellrc

Default 103" C-130

Go to UCRCS.com and then to Quality Fiberglass. All fiberglass fuse with integral vert stab. Fiberglass nacells. looks great building one now.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:27 PM
fossil
My Feedback: (25)

powellrc
How far along are you with your Quality Fiberglass kit, any problems yet? I have one also, but haven't started it yet. I'm waiting for the Air Force to tell me where I am going to be stationed next before I start.
fossil
Old 02-10-2003, 05:31 AM
dizza

I'm building (slowly) the smallest of the C-130's offered by Palmer for electric flight. I'll see if I can post some photos later of what I have completed so far, which isn't much.

david