Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

CAD Model Engines

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 03:47 AM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CAD Model Engines

Do you have any Enya or Norvel model engines drawn up in CAD. Need in Autocad R-12 to R-14 format or early DXF. Want quality stuff, not just general outline.

Have a few other R/C and glow engine files available if need be.

Wm.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:56 AM
Mike James

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAD Engines

Short answer... I don't currently have what you need, but now this is the place we can trade in the future, thanks to the Administrator.

For my own work, I only use 3D engines to be sure that they'll fit, so "outline" is most important to me. I do have available a "generic" 2-cycle with muffler that I use for .40 to .46 size plans, and am fixing some details on a pretty good YS .91 with stock muffler. This one also could be re-sized easily to emulate other 4-strokes, such as a 1.20 (Image below)

Anybody else have good quality CAD engines?

I'm starting another thread for CAD "Parts", where we can trade other items.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2630_2519.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	2444  
Old 02-11-2002, 07:40 AM
RC_Eflyer-RCU

CoosBay-- I think I have a Norvel somewhere. I'll look around in my drawings for it. Its reasonably detailed, its in 2D only. I have AutoCad 2000 but can convert the File to R12 or R14 format.

--Paul
Old 02-11-2002, 03:15 PM
CoosBayLumber

Default My inventory

I have a Norvel 074 all drawn up, and am looking for a 061 and a .25 of theirs. Being used as replacement engines for Berkeley plans I have been re-drawing over the years. I received the Norvel CAD developer's package, and it was sort of poor. Just a bunch of numbers, and they seem to be of applications othter than they sell currently. Am interested in either of these two engines. I like the Autocad formats, as DXF can often chop things up. If got so, send to [email protected].

I have numerous Cox engines, older O.S. eninges of around the 40-60 size and a small Enya. A couple are of 25K size due to the detail.
Old 02-11-2002, 07:53 PM
RC_Eflyer-RCU

Coos Bay, the engine was the Norvel .061, I'll try to find it, as I'm not sure if I still have it. but when/if I do find it, I'll let you know.

--Paul
Old 02-11-2002, 07:59 PM
RC_Eflyer-RCU

Well I looked for it and can't find it. I know I have it, but the problem is that its on a .zip disk at home, and I'm away at school 300 miles away. If I can get it and get the file, then I'll let you know.

--Paul
Old 02-12-2002, 03:52 AM
EricJ

I don't know who may have a need for it, but Mike if you would like to add it to your library, please drop me a line for the details.

Modeled in Pro/Engineer, this is a DF Rossi 1.05 Pusher. I know they dont have the best rep.

Name:	2823_3588.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	2445  
Old 02-12-2002, 01:11 PM
Jetset
My Feedback: (2)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Nice work!

Man, how do you guys make such cool drawings? I'm jealous! I don't get a lot of time to spend on AutoCAD to actually learn something. Sure wish I could though!
Nice work!

Myles
Old 02-12-2002, 03:35 PM
bluesky123
My Feedback: (2)

Default MDS .40

Here's my MDS .40 model: it's the latest engine with an old (not MKII) muffler. I made this model when I was mstering Autodesk Inventor R3, and then saved in SAT format.
At home, I have a more detailed model with different materials of different parts (all screws are black) as well as with the glow plug, etc.
I'd be glad to share the model if anybody need it (I've already sold my MDS and switched to MVVS and Webras).
Boris

Name:	2836_1898.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	2446  
Old 02-14-2002, 01:32 AM
CoosBayLumber

Default Gee.....

Such beautiful work you fellows have done.

Problem with the Autocad rendered work is that the items will not go through a non-PS plotter. They tend to postage stamp over any fuselage details, and thus cover up the attachments, mounts etc, that is necessary to show in a sideview or topview. I need standard ol' line drawings, so that placement, measurement, and rotation can be done in the drawing layers.

There used to be a site on the web with a whole bunch of large engines done in DXF format, rendered, BMP, TIFF and a few others, but they went off the line about 9 months ago. Was hoping to locate a new one or someone's archives.

Wm.
Old 02-14-2002, 02:50 AM
Mike James

Default CAD Parts

Well, thanks to the administrator, we now have a place to build our own "trading archive" right here. Very cool!

I've had several email conversations with some of you, and have really enjoyed them. To me, paper is as good a design tool as CAD any day, but I like CAD for the pre-drawing visualization part of design. Plus, I started using computers in 1978, when nobody had decent graphics, so I'm thrilled to be able to be part of this. (We've come a long way...) 15 years ago, only NASA would've had graphics like we have today at home.