Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

need some sugestions please

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 08:07 PM
highflyer353535
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some sugestions please

hi need some suggestions on joining 2 pieces of 3/16 plywood end to end thank you
Old 01-29-2003, 09:11 PM
bkyser
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some sugestions please

I've used this technique in joining plywood while making plywood canoes...... don't ask....

cut the edges to be joined at an angle to give more area to glue. Then just use fiber glass on both sides to reinforce. It doesn't add too much weight, with a little filler you can feather the glass on the side you see..... don't try to glass only one side, don't try to sand it smooth, you will sand through the glass and defeat the purpose. Kind of think of it as drywall tape.

Dont bother finishing the side you won't see, it adds too much unnecessary weight.

There are probably some better ideas out there, this is just mine.

Bob