Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

kit cutter??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 04:45 AM
gvetter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kit cutter??

I am thinking of building a Super Lazy Ace 96" biplane. I have not built from plans before although I have built several kits. Would you recommend that I attempt to cut my own kit or use a kit cutter.

If using a kit cutter, what kit cutter would you recommend for this plane?

Thanks,
George
Old 02-03-2003, 05:52 AM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default kit

It is really up to you whether you want to cut your own or use a cutter.
if you want a cutter I would reccommend Jesse of laserlizard.com formerly from lazerworks he cuts all my stuff or there is precisionkits.com (not sure of url) or all american kit cutters. and many others. it all is a matter of preference and how much time you have to cut your own and how much confidence you have in doing it yourself.

Joe
Old 02-03-2003, 05:54 AM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default kits

ignore this post
Old 02-03-2003, 03:43 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default kit cutter??

You may be wasting your efforts.

I think I saw an advertisement for several sizes of kits to Super Lazy Ace in a magazine last month. I don't fly them, so did not take note as to who and where. Thus they may be on the market already, and you need to take another look.

....that is, unless you like to do things yourself and gain a bit of experience along the way.

Wm.