Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Newbie looking for plans

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 05:29 PM
goldenboymd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie looking for plans

Hello,

Brand new to this web site a friend I fly with told me about it. I'm looking to build my first balsa wood plane from start to finish. I have been flying RTF's can anyone point me to some easy build plans or a thread where I can download some plans.

I'm getting hooked on this site so many people and so much information Thanks in advance

Goldenboymd
Old 01-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Dr1Driver

Default RE: Newbie looking for plans

Goldenboymd,

If it's your very first built plane, not an assembled ARF, I'd suggest you start with one of the better kits. Just tell us what type of plane you want to build, and we can steer you in the right direction. It's a big jump from ARF straight to scratch built.

Dr.1
Old 01-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ditto what he said.

Many places will sell you rolled plans for $9 to $18 or so (depends on the size and # of plan sheets). Even if you could download them how would you print them to 32" x 48" or larger sheets?

You're much better off with a kit that contains all the wood you'll need. For the first few builds kits that also contain the hardware you'll need are a big plus, also.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:40 AM
goldenboymd

Thanks for the replys. If you can tell me where to find a kit thats electric and high wing. Like a cessena that would be great

Thanks for the help
Old 01-24-2007, 07:15 AM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mountain Models has very good electric kits. Not very big, I think.
http://www.mountainmodels.com

If you want scale, the Cessna 180 seems to be "parkflyer size". The Cub is a little bigger.