RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/)
-   -   translation and print (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/5341256-translation-print.html)

brenzo 01-29-2007 02:58 PM

translation and print

Hiya fellas I was just wondering if there was anyone here who could translate and print full size plans for me here. I found a set of plans that really interest me but they are in french and I am not. I would love to find someone who could translate for me and print the plans. Of course I would be willing to pay for this service. the palns are located at http://plans.am.free.fr/ the plans I was looking at were xp 04. take a look and let me know thanks.

ptulmer 01-29-2007 03:48 PM

RE: translation and print

brenzo, that's what Babelfish is for! Yeah, I could do it for you, but it would take a couple hours. PM me if you want to talk price.

brenzo 01-29-2007 05:16 PM

proplem I got bud is the plans are in cad format and I don't have a cad system. also I would like the plans to be full size. My printer is definatelt not up for the job. Whatya think?

CoosBayLumber 01-30-2007 08:24 PM

I had similar situation back a few years ago. The plans that I had been looking at were in Russian. As this resembled the one I wanted, I just downloaded 'em, and plotted them out.

Then, the plan had a few notes on it to which I did not understand. Simply stuck the face of the plan on to the scanner, made a JPG square of the text area, and found some one located in Finland who knew Russian. He translated it in one day. The model plan was an earlier version of the one I wanted, but the similarities were striking.

This makes it a two step operation, once you decide to go ahead.

Wm.

Mike Emilio 01-30-2007 10:25 PM

sorry - wrong thread

BMatthews 01-30-2007 11:42 PM

Brenso, a common recomendation for a local place to print from CAD files is Kinko's. If you don't have one in Galloway then check the phone book for draughting supplies. Many of the shops that cater to architects and engineers these days have a computer setup with a large plotter just for printing out CAD plans for whatever. I had one done some time back for about $15 to $18 in vellum. THe vellum was about a third again more expensive then plain paper but being vellum I was able to get three additional black line prints from it for about another $2.50 each to actually build on and cut up for templates. So check under draughting (or drafting) and also under printing and I'm sure you'll find a place locally.

omcusnr 02-02-2007 07:12 PM

draughting supplies.
Are we brewing here?

ptulmer 02-02-2007 11:09 PM

Bruce is old school. You just gotta overlook it sometimes. I heard he even flies rudder-only airplanes.[X(]

kdc 02-03-2007 02:32 PM

Glad to see they use the correct English spelling in Canada.
(Draughting)

BMatthews 02-03-2007 02:37 PM

Yeah, and when I go to the paint store I choose my colours from the special rack they keep for old folks that spell using Ye Olde Anglish.... :D

kdc 02-03-2007 02:58 PM

A serious angle to this discussion is -

do you use English (swg ) or US sizes for wire gauge on piano/music wire in Canada?

ppljr 02-03-2007 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go...and I think the plans are in Italian.

brenzo 02-03-2007 10:48 PM

Thanks for switching over to .pdf for me big big help. I should be able to figure it out from here. Maybe? I don't think my local hobby shop carries metric balsa though :D just kidding. Thanks again fellas I'll keep ya updated on how things are going. I'm sure I'll have lots o questions. Thanks Guys I love this site always get great advice and great help.