Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Seeing Polylines in CAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:43 AM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seeing Polylines in CAD

Wasn't until recently it was brought to my attention that a few versions of CAD software cannot handle simple things which are once pretty standard for the industry. The reader mentioned even though the drawing comes over, there are few lines to be seen. The low cost CAD software being used does not recognize Polylines, which have been used since the 1980's in Autocad by Autodesk. Where I made up a connected polyline, it just isn't seen. In order to be seen, it must be exploded into common straight lines and arcs.

Maybe I made an assumption that all softwares had acheived this level by now. Looks as of 2007, not all have. Can anyone list deficiencies that certain CAD or CAMM based softwares have, or what type lines do not show up? Perhaps we Acad users have to trim back our drawings to simplier times in order to share them. I already know there are a host of CAD softwares which do not recognise PaperSpace.

What else?

Wm.