Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Construction

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:52 PM
mazeetwazaad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Construction

Hello everyone,
I'm new to RCUniverse and was wondering if anyone could help me with my dilemma. I want to construct two aircraft of personal design - 1. reflecting my admiration of the F-22 and F-14 synthesized together and one designed to outperform the Russian SU-27. Any tips would be highly appreciated for i have no clue how to start my actual models, which i intend to be R/C. I have tried and struggled and wound up failing trying to begin construction without any guidelines. Once again i'd appreciate any tips you all can provide. Thank You.
P.S.
Heres a few pics of what i want to do.
; ;
Old 04-17-2007, 07:20 PM
iron eagel

Default RE: Construction

First I would say check out these sites:

http://www.nextcraft.com
http://www.airfieldmodels.com

Then you can do as I am learn to use a cad system. Or like we did in the old days draw the airplane out in 3 views and start to make your sectional views from that so you can shape the formers for your fuselage.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:30 PM
mazeetwazaad

Thanks for the insight. Ive tried using GMAX just so i could play with my planes in FSX or FS9 but found it difficult to shape the ,models to their exact dimensions.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:41 PM
iron eagel

Join the club learning cad is not all that easy. I have yet to get what I want down on paper short of drawing it out by hand.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:18 PM
mazeetwazaad

ive tried with GMAX and this is the best i could do so far. Hopefully summer will give me time to expand my skills. XD <('o')> X )

;
Old 04-23-2007, 10:07 PM
iron eagel

Looking good!