Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

CYCLONE 30 design & build

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 01:48 PM
allanflowers

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
Default RE: CYCLONE 30 design & build

Congratulations on the maiden flight!
The plane looks great and you did a fabulous job on it.
I hope the cg shift helps but it could be the wing just needing more angle of attack to generate the required lift at lower speeds.
I didn't see any lettering, etc. on the plane yet so, if you want, I can send you hi-rez versions of my graphic sheets. I just print them on large label paper (Avery 8165), cut them out and stick them down - with clear Monocoat over them to protect them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16545.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	962260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99795.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	962261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10446.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	962262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo37508.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	962263  
Old 06-02-2008, 04:07 PM
IL2windhawk

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: CYCLONE 30 design & build

Thanks for your offer, Allan, and for the kind words. I was pleased with the results of my first scratchbuild, other than over-shooting my target for gross weight by 6-8 ounces. Truth be told, I still haven't even built a kit before (other than to frame up a wing). I certainly will be applying the lessons learned on the P-51A that is in my que.

I haven't made up my mind on what I'll do with the lettering, or if I will apply any at all. My lady says I should make it the 'Marlboro' plane, LOL. In any case, I think I will let the sun have a few more cycles on the covering before I apply any graphics. My new planes always seem to develop unexpected wrinkles during their first months of life.

I'll still be working on a few things that will make a visible difference. I'm going to add some basic details to the cockpit, then the wheel pants. Sooner or later I'll post another update.

Simply a beautiful airplane, Allan. Thanks again for the plans. I really enjoyed the build.