Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

RCU plans service works great

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

RCU plans service works great

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:35 AM
martinoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCU plans service works great

Just for the records, I put an order an June 2nd, and received it yesterday at my home in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in perfect shape.

So, Plans Services is doning well.

Regards
Old 06-22-2007, 11:52 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts
Default RE: RCU plans service works great

You forgot to tell us what your building!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:01 PM
martinoto

LOL ¡¡¡

You're right ¡¡

I am bulding my Mark III version of the RCM Advanced Trainer (I already built 6 of them). Most of them have screw-attached wings, different locations of N2 and N3 (it has to do with the wng attachment) and wider nose. This one will have even less dihedral and the tail of a Kaos, because the original is impossible to spin. I received the Eloy Marez version plan, published in 2003, to see if he attached the wing the same way I did. Actually, he came out with a different approach, which takes a little more work, but looks nicer than mine.

I am also building 2 original Kaos and cutting ribs ot a Sun Fli IV.

I also received the plans of a Dirty Biirdy and UFO, but I guess they will wait till next year.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:04 PM
FlyerInOKC

You are a man after my own heart! I have a 1937 Ryan SC-M, a 1938 Ryan SC-W, and a Dornier D-1 all built from plans on the workbench right now. I'm also finishing up a SIG kit of a 1/5th scale Piper J3 Cub. I'm also gathering details to build an early 1946 Globe Swift GC 1-B from either plans I buy or from plans I draw myself. The Swift will probably have to wait until next year. I still need to buy engies for the 2 Ryans and get the current projects finished. This doesn't count the GWS electric powered Beaver DC-1 ARF I haven't assembled and the 1/6th Clipped Wing Cub kit I have in the garage.

Mike

So many airplanes so little time!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:35 PM
martinoto

Well, if kits are included, I am also at the 50% of a Zlin Akrobat. It is a Pilot (OK Models) kit, for a .19. I got the kit way back in 1983 I guess. I started a week prior of the infamous "Cross-finger/cross- wind" affair at my club, which destroy the fuse of my current RCM Advanced Trainer. So, I momentarily put the Zlin aside and started a new fuse, which is going to use the original wing and fin-rudder.

But my friend asked me to build a Kaos for him, so I cut everything two times to build my own at the same time. Actually I cut the ribs three times, because I dream about my own design with that wing... OK, it is not a very original idea, I know....

The Sun-Fli IV wing is part of an own sport design. I just liked the wing platform, although it has thinner airfoils at the tip. I would like thick airfoils all the way...

And electrics.... don't have much experience, my only one is one of those flat foam bi-planes.... but my goal is to electrify a Guillow Fokker DR-1, which I have NIB from.... well, long ago... the problem is that confusing electric motors nomenclature.... but I will find out somehow ¡¡

So, you're absolutely right: so many aricrafts, so little time ¡¡

Regards
Old 06-22-2007, 03:23 PM
IL2windhawk

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What is RCU's plan service?

I just searched the website withough success.

Thanks.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:31 PM
martinoto

Sorry for the misspell ¡¡¡ It should be RCM, my fault....

Go to www.rcmmagazine.com and then go to the Plans Service (at the right, below a yellow star with the words RCM STORE in red) and that's oretty much it.

They have access to online articles of the past also, some of them are quite good.

Regards
Old 07-02-2007, 09:12 AM
FlyerInOKC

The Plan Page has some old Stahl designs that would work with electrics and the plans are free. When I feel nostagic for rubber band powered plane I hit his page and get my fix. The address is real easy www.theplanpage.com