Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Seafire 47 plans (Scale Planes, Sydney Australia)

Old 07-25-2007, 09:37 AM
SteveC68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Seafire 47 plans (Scale Planes, Sydney Australia)

A few years ago I was searching for plans for a Seafire 47, and someone from this forum emailed me a small set of drawings from Scale Planes in Sydney Australia. The address of Scale Planes was right on the plans so I mailed a letter to the name on the plans (Fred Spring) inquiring about getting a set of these plans and about any other plans that might be available. I never received a reply. A couple years later I mailed again on the off chance that the first letter never made it there. Still no reply.

Has anyone ever had any contact with Fred and if so is he still in business?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 12-30-2011, 01:24 PM
perttime

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Seafire 47 plans (Scale Planes, Sydney Australia)

Ancient thread...

but maybe it is this drawing that you have?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Xv64799.pdf (1.63 MB, 235 views)
Old 12-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Chad Veich

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Seafire 47 plans (Scale Planes, Sydney Australia)

I do not know if he still does or not but Bob Holman used to distribute Mr. Spring's drawings here in the USA.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:10 PM
FliteMetal

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Fi-167A-05 Fred Spring Technical Drawings

I know this is an old thread....but I am at wits end trying to find anyone who knows Fred Spring in Australia. Fred's scale drawings are fabulous and I am having a lot of trouble finding the only one that Bob Holman doesn't have...

I am looking for the SP1660 Fi-167A-05 Fieseler Bipe. If anyone has this drawing set in any of the multiple scales Fred offered them in. There was a 3/8" to the foot set of technical drawings for the Fi-167A-05 that will fill some voides several of us have run up against. There were only 14 of the Fi-167A-05 manufactured back when Nazis were planning their aircraft carrier fleet which never came to be. The Fi-167A-05 is similar to the Fairey Swordfish...but larger Size does matter.

If you have the multiple view technical drawing or you know how to reach Fred Spring in Australia reply to: wmclayman@comcast.net

Thanks,

Last edited by FliteMetal; 09-08-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:09 PM
EXBIRDY

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ed
Fred Spring died a few years ago from what I have heard. I have quite a few of his drawings but not the one you want.
John
Old 09-13-2013, 05:11 PM
FliteMetal

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

John,

I have contacted several people down-under with positive initial replies. No one has replied they had the SP 1660 Feiseler Fi-167A-05 yet.
I spoke to three people thus far. They were competing this week in the Australian Scale Nationals.

Domestically, there does not appear to be anyone familiar with Fred's fabulous work. I was shocked to have difficulty. Ironically, Bob Holman
still have most of Fred's technical drawings...with exception to the Fi-167, which he said he has never had.

The best bet would be to find the current publisher of the former Flying Scale Models in England. However, I do not find anyting remotely
related to itThe 1998 magazine predates internet as a default pathway. In fact, it was only in 1995 that I created the first NASA (AMA SIG)
web site along with editing and hosting the Scale Masters web site.

I await a reply after the Aussy NATs from Bill Mansell of the New South Wales Scale Association. Whom else is principal within the Aussy scale
community?

Fred's technical drawings are so detailed! Of the two other decent Fi-167 drawings, neither comes close to what I need for my project. I want it
clear that I do not need the paper document. I prefer receiving a high dpi density digital scan in .pdf format.

Anyone reading this....if you have Fred Spring's Feiseler Fi-167A-05 technical drawing I would like to purchase a digital scan of the document.
These were available in multiple scale up to 3/8" to the foot = 1/32'd scale. Regardless of what scale (size) anyone has, I definately want your
document's image scanned to a thumb drive and mailed to me here in Houston.

If anyone has or knows where I may find Fred Spring's Feiseler Fi-167A -05 technical drawing document email me: wmclayman@comcast.net

Thanks! ! !
Old 09-18-2013, 09:12 AM
FliteMetal

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Scale Planes #1660 F. Spring Drawing OF Fi. 167.

I despirately need a digitally scanned copy (600/800 dpi .pdf file) of Fred Spring's SP-1660 technical
drawing of the Feiseler Fi-167. These will be utilized in a CAD effort to create a 1/6th scale project.
Scanned image to be saved to a thumb drive and mailed to me here in the U.S.

A existing drawings are artist renderings as there are no Feiseler technical in existance today. There were
only 14 airframes created before thier project was suspended awaiting the construction of a German aircraft
carrier. Creation of which would consume huge steel resources envisioned to best be used on the Luft and
fast ground attack mode of conducting WWII.

Can anyone in Australia reply as an acquantenance of Fred's and willing to inquire within Aussy scale model
community to find someone who either has Fred's master drawings or knows who obtained Fred's drawings.
I am interesting in purchasing drawing: Scale Planes SP-1660.

Recent contacts in Australia resulted in good initial replies, yet after what would be the Australian version of
the AMA's Scale NATS was conducted during the last two weeks....silence with no one replying.

Ed Clayman
FliteMetal.com
wmclayman@comcast.net
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1673view4004.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	867.3 KB
ID:	1922429   Click image for larger version

Name:	1673view4003.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	357.4 KB