Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

predator feat. global hawk

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 04:02 PM
DutcheR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default predator feat. global hawk

does anyone already build the new unmanned aircraft GlobalHawk or Predator ?

Pics :

Old 03-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

You sure you can afford that turbine?
Anyone else think they should just let modelers build these things for them? A grands worth of Futaba would have saved the multi million Hawks from crashing
As for the Predator they said the props at the back so it doesn't obstruct the cameras view.. then they stick 3 tail surfaces in the way
Oh well.
On the funny side, has anyone seen this Iraqy UVA? it has a nice row of Multiplex servos on the wing. supplying an axis of evil, tut tut tut
Old 03-12-2003, 09:57 PM
forus

Interesting objects to build. I plan on doing a model 410 which is one of the earlier pushers (the ones they can catch with net) I will try to fly with joystick and videoimage from the plane. I need a better analog to digital converter though.

Is there any photos of the Iraqy UAVs to be seen?
Old 03-12-2003, 10:35 PM
Cactus.

It looked like a poor mans baby Cesna twin, you know, the one with an engine at each end. but i'll be damned if i can find pics, all i can find is they shot down a US drone
Old 03-13-2003, 06:40 AM
DutcheR

aha that iraqy plane with j/yericans under it where they can put chemicals in pretty dangerous
if i must believe a cia report this is the plane :

here's a report of it :
[===]
Iraq is continuing to develop other platforms which most analysts believe probably are intended for delivering biological warfare agents. Immediately before the Gulf war, Baghdad attempted to convert a MiG-21 into an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) to carry spray tanks capable of dispensing chemical or biological agents. UNSCOM assessed that the program to develop the spray system was successful, but the conversion of the MiG-21 was not. More recently, Baghdad has attempted to convert some of its L-29 jet trainer aircraft into UAVs that can be fitted with chemical and biological warfare (CBW) spray tanks, most likely a continuation of previous efforts with the MiG-21. Although much less sophisticated than ballistic missiles as a delivery platform, an aircraft—manned or unmanned—is the most efficient way to disseminate chemical and biological weapons over a large, distant area.

Iraq already has produced modified drop-tanks that can disperse biological or chemical agents effectively. Before the Gulf war, the Iraqis successfully experimented with aircraft-mounted spray tanks capable of releasing up to 2,000 liters of an anthrax simulant over a target area. Iraq also has modified commercial crop sprayers successfully and tested them with an anthrax simulant delivered by helicopters.

Baghdad has a history of experimenting with a variety of unmanned platforms. Iraq's use of newer, more capable airframes would increase range and payload, while smaller platforms might be harder to detect and therefore more survivable. This capability represents a serious threat to Iraq's neighbors and to international military forces in the region.

Iraq used tactical fighter aircraft and helicopters to deliver chemical agents, loaded in bombs and rockets, during the Iran-Iraq War. Baghdad probably is considering again using manned aircraft as delivery platforms depending on the operational scenario.
[===]

I mean not the total plane but on scale 1/2 oid and not whit the high tech stuff
Old 03-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Cactus.

Nope, thats not it, it looks like a bigger version of the US's 410 but with an engine at the front too.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:23 AM
Cactus.

still no pics, but quite a lot written about this thing. it really is just a big model plane, 24feet wing span. Wonder what frequency hes on... maybe we can switch on
heres one link... but the real joy of this page is the pic half way down, prepare the laughter gland
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/860789/posts

Getting back to topic, i woudn't mind building a Predator to put my camera on, much safer than the tripod on top of a Cougar i use now to get videos.
DutcheR: i take it you want to build a scale model of these things rather than just a camera plane. Was it you asking a while ago about what planes to start out with? electric ect.. how did it work out? how you doing?
Old 03-13-2003, 02:02 PM
DutcheR

If I must believe the Dutch newspaper it is the real plane here is the article! :

http://rbergsma.fragcenter.nl/SIMG0869.JPG
and
http://rbergsma.fragcenter.nl/SIMG0870.JPG

[Edit * Click on the url to see the pics ]
Old 03-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Cactus.

Nope, thats just the L-29 from above, its just a RC version of a full size jet, this UAV is a propper UVA. two exposed engines, wood props, twin boom, twin fin, very ugly, all white with blue trim. one link said their made in Germany. Multiplex??

DutcheR can you please remove those two pics from the Newspaper, it's taken me 20 mins! on a modem just to see enough to tell what it is i've not even got all of the pic yet. not good for a forum page let alone a linked page. if you must link off site try to keep under 300kb or so. we dont all have cable
Old 03-13-2003, 03:26 PM
begun

Default Re: predator feat. global hawk

I have very interesting. But no enough money.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:04 PM
DutcheR

hehe i know that problem thats why I want to build and design my own plane and I like to do that making same stuff so no arf planes for me
Old 03-14-2003, 07:18 PM
DutcheR

if anyone has news about these 3 planes plz post it here!
Old 03-15-2003, 10:11 AM
begun

I am going to make a little UAV which can cross the pacific ocean.