Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

busken Jungmeister

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 02:01 PM
rthalls
My Feedback: (63)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default busken Jungmeister

have plans to scratch built a bucken Jungmeister from Windell Hostetler planes [ to use a G-62 engine on ] Has anyone built one ?
have been working up a wood list from Balsa USA and it comes in around $200.00 dollors just for the wood ------ any ideas on how to get this cost down ? thanks for any input ..........
Old 12-05-2007, 02:35 PM
NavyVet1965

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: busken Jungmeister

Have you checked Ebay for the Balsa? do a search for balsa sticks he has some good prices on balsa.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:03 PM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: busken Jungmeister

ORIGINAL: rthalls

have plans to scratch built a bucken Jungmeister from Windell Hostetler planes [ to use a G-62 engine on ] Has anyone built one ?
have been working up a wood list from Balsa USA and it comes in around $200.00 dollors just for the wood ------ any ideas on how to get this cost down ? thanks for any input ..........
$200 for wood to build a 77" span biplane doesn't seem that bad to me. That is a BIG model to build up and it isn't going to be as cheap as a 60 sized kit. Try looking at some other balsa suppliers and see if they are significantly different. I have heard good things about Dynamic Balsa, but I have not ordered from them (yet).

http://www.dbalsa.com/

Mark