Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Scale RC Modeler PT-19 article needed

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Scale RC Modeler PT-19 article needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:49 PM
ron9844
My Feedback: (65)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale RC Modeler PT-19 article needed

I am looking for a copy of the construction article in RC Scale Modeler for Jim Folline's PT-19. I found a source for the plans and would like to have the article to go with them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ron
Old 02-21-2008, 07:48 PM
kdc

Default RE: Scale RC Modeler PT-19 article needed

There was a PT 19 published as free plan in RC Scale Int Jan/Feb and March/April issues 2001. Traplet plan MW 2857 62 inch span.
Traplet in England can supply nearly all their back issues still they told me last week.
So you could order the mags and get the free plan. Note it is 2 issues.Traplet have a USA office PO 145 Champaign IL 217 355 2970 and they should be able to obtain it if there are copies in England
Back issues cost about 7 dollars per copy I think plus postage 4 dollars.

Still a cheap way to get a plan!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:14 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Give me a chance to dig back thru my mags. It's a great flying plane with a .40LA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71988.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	885948  
Old 02-23-2008, 06:50 AM
kdc

Which is the design that flies well? Is it the Traplet Scale Int design by Herman Grobler ?

Yesterday Traplet told me they had copies of the mags ( with free plan )avail if you need to buy them.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:41 AM
ron9844
My Feedback: (65)

The article I am looking for is by Jim Folline and is for a Giant Scale PT-19 with a wingspan of 108".

Ron
Old 02-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Ron, I found the article that I assumed was the one you were looking for, however, it is for a 108" span PT-19 by Bobby Daniell and not Jim Folline. The cover is gone off of the magazine and I can't find a date anywhere in it but it is from the early '80s. The airplane has a built up fuse and tail feathers with a foam core wing. Could this be the same airplane? If you're interested let me know and I'll scan the article at work on Monday and send it to you.

Chad
Old 02-24-2008, 09:09 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Sorry to highjack,

Does anyone have the scale rc modeler mag with the Byron Pitts article in it? I think it would have been between 1979 and 1981 but I'm not sure.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:51 PM
BobFolline

I am Jim Folline's son and I have not only the origional plans but the origional PT-19 from the plans.

I also have molds for cowlings and some other parts.

You said you had a source for the plans but are you interested in purchasing som origional full scale plans?

Let me know,

Bob Folline

ORIGINAL: ron9844

I am looking for a copy of the construction article in RC Scale Modeler for Jim Folline's PT-19. I found a source for the plans and would like to have the article to go with them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ron
Old 03-03-2011, 02:56 PM
BobFolline

Bobby Daniell built the plane based on my dad's plans. Dad showed me his article and it looks like Bobby did a nice job of it.
Dad has been selling these plans since he built the PT-19 early in the RC model days.

He also had many other huge scale planes in the works but unfortunately never finished the last of them.

Maybe I should write an article about some of his greater inventions like his flying saucer built in the 1960's.
It was a hoot to hear all the police sirens after he flew it around the neighborhood. With the exhaust it was almost silent.

Bob Folline
ORIGINAL: Chad Veich

Ron, I found the article that I assumed was the one you were looking for, however, it is for a 108" span PT-19 by Bobby Daniell and not Jim Folline. The cover is gone off of the magazine and I can't find a date anywhere in it but it is from the early '80s. The airplane has a built up fuse and tail feathers with a foam core wing. Could this be the same airplane? If you're interested let me know and I'll scan the article at work on Monday and send it to you.

Chad