Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

designing and building of the XB-70 Valkyrie, Prototype model construction started.

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

designing and building of the XB-70 Valkyrie, Prototype model construction started.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 01:54 AM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default designing and building of the XB-70 Valkyrie, Prototype model construction started.

Tamecat

LOL, i agree with you 100% on that. I have designed many planes, but only successfully built the one and successfully flew it. But i hope that this XB will be another success.
I have several people that can help me at my field,

One guy dosnt fly anyplanes that he bought as a kit or ARF at all, he designed themall of his planes , and some engines. he can basicly help me with anything id ever need help with.

another guy is a good friend that worked for DuPont as a chemist for many years and is a modeler for many years. he too can help me with anything. Hes the guy that repaired the canard on my Long EZ.

I didnt get to work on plans today, i built a cart to put dads welder and tank on. I almost blew a hole in the wall then i forgot to disconnect the ground from the trailor i had built. Dad is pleased with it, better be since I used my day off from school to build it,lol.

Well, unlike you, no energy at the time, so i might go to bed after my girlfriend calls for the goodnight call.lol.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:27 PM
Dago Red

Default designing and building of the XB-70 Valkyrie, Prototype model construction started.

I took one of my models out to the field today to have one of the 2 guys listed above, klumsykid, take a look at it and tell him my plans. He said that we might want to build it a little larger. so looks like ill be putting a quardra 54 on it, lol. I sent him the drawing of it, and later on ill send all the specs and then post them here, thats alot of typing to do,lol.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:18 AM
Tamecat

As the guy said on TOP GUN:

SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT KID!
Old 05-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Dago Red

You bet ill show you what i got, lol,

maybe that Moki 2.10 will come in handy
Old 05-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Tamecat

That will be the best flying we've ever seen - Right up to when you crash. Never, never write a check your plane can't cash. (LOL)

Tamecat
Old 05-12-2003, 11:23 PM
Dago Red

Im not sure what you mean by that? lol.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:12 AM
Tamecat

Don't make a promise your plane or ability can't cover. (LOL)
Old 05-13-2003, 10:44 PM
Dago Red

LOL, i allready have the Moki at hand, but not the plane at the moment, Im thinking that the Moki is way to much power for the XB, dad bought it for my F4B biplane, but 5 H/P is to much for a 68 inch bipe, dont you think. So now im trying to get him to buy a plane to fit it.
The XB is on hold till i get all of the stuff out of the book to my friend, lol.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:58 PM
Johng
My Feedback: (4)

You guys must be developing a case of laryngitis between you with all the LOL'ing you guys are doing. 7 or the last 8 posts use "LOL" Time for a new acronym boys - FWIW
Old 05-13-2003, 11:01 PM
Dago Red

Sorry, I didnt realsize that it was getting on your nerves, Its my way of showing that im using a sense of humor, o well, i guess its to the smily faces
Old 05-13-2003, 11:06 PM
Johng
My Feedback: (4)

Originally posted by Dago Red
Sorry, I didnt realsize that it was getting on your nerves, Its my way of showing that im using a sense of humor, o well, i guess its to the smily faces
Not a big deal, I was just poking fun - thus the use of an acronym to point out your use of an acronym.

However, I am thinking I'll just un-subscribe as you guys are having fun and I keep getting these notices thinking we'll be discussing the xb-70.... When I get here it's LOL time.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:29 PM
Tamecat

I guess we're having too much fun. :| Is that better? Anyway, I will be starting a new post called Tornado. It will a scratch built project that I will update weekly so if anyone wants to build one, they will know how to do it. As for your engine, don't wait to buy a plane for it. Paroose through some plane mags and find something that is along the way of what your ultimate goal and make that. It will kill two birds with one stone.

Tamecat
Old 05-13-2003, 11:55 PM
Dago Red

Ill have to watch you building progress of your tornado, thatll be neat.

But as Johng was saying about this thread, Its not LOL time but XB time. I need to type up a bounch of stuff, maybe about 4 pages if not more of nothing but specs of the XB, ill post it when im threw, but ill tell you one thing, alot of it is kind of out of my knowledge, but the info i do understand is just what i need, we'll find out. lots to work to do yet.

well, im gonna take off, Im trying to mount a 23 home-lite engine to my biplane for LARKS warbird fun fly, far away yet, but i need to start now, lots of work to do.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:05 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

JohnG:

LOL also means "Lots of luck," as in "Yeah, Charlie, sure it will."

Bill.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:33 AM
Couch-pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL

Sorry, just couldn't resist...
Old 05-14-2003, 12:59 AM
Dago Red

Im going to need LOL to get this XB airborn.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:20 AM
Couch-pilot

Nah, it'll be a breeze... just don't be afraid of size.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:23 AM
Tamecat

I don't care what some people say, SIZE DOES MATTER especially when your flying in the wind.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:24 AM
Tamecat

I couldn't resist. LOL
Old 05-14-2003, 01:26 AM
Dago Red

wind+lazybee= fun
wind + XB= O CRAP!!!
Old 05-14-2003, 03:47 AM
Couch-pilot

Sorry, I meant don't be afraid of building it BIG! Size does matter.
I built the little Extra .25 from MAN plans and it was just too much - landings at about 1/3 throttle - wind blew me EVERYWHERE! I couldn't relax at all...sorta like driving with the wife
Old 05-15-2003, 01:48 AM
Robert Sickels

I you can find a tape of the Southwest Jet Rally in Austin Tx there is a XB-70 Built By Lynn McCauley with a single ducted fan on the tape. I think it was 1992. It flies very well . And very scale!
Old 05-15-2003, 02:21 AM
Dago Red

Thanks for the info, very interesting. Wish i could find the tape, but Ive only been into R/C for 3 years, thats way before my R/C begging, thansk for the info once again, ill be looking for that tape.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:51 AM
Couch-pilot

Well? Is it done yet? Test flown? Pics?
Old 05-15-2003, 11:43 PM
Dago Red

I may be fast in other projects, but this one will take a while, Im still on that slow poke for a freind, so it may be a while, sorry. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.