Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ryan Sta Large Scale

Hey Guys! Anyone know where I can find plans or even better yet, a kit for the Ryan Sta 1/3 or 1/4 scale? I am currently building the now discontinued Sig Ryan Sta kit but I find it rather small.

Thank!

Keep on building!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Ryan Sta Large Scale

Richard,
    I found plans at Alien Aircraft for a 1/4 and 1/3 scale, there are also plans for a 1/4 scale from Model Airplane News. I have intentions to design a 30% or 40% Ryan STA/YPT-16. I am looking at 30% to mount the new OS. IL-300 4-stroke inline 4 cylinder, this engine is a perfect match for a 30% Ryan. If I go with either size I will have to fabricate my own cowl and pants because there are none available. I have yet to find a supplier for a 33% cowling or pants either. Here is the link to Alien Aircraft, they are located 20 miles from me, I will call them later today. [link]http://www.alien-aircraft.com/[/link]
    Let me know what you find!!
    Anthony
    WACO Brother #30 Cub Brother #17
    It's not the hours you put in It's what you put into the hours.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Richard,
    I called Alien Aircraft and talked to him, he is still in business but no longer has a plotter to plot plans, he will sell a file then you have to have it printed. I am going to buy the file from him this coming week and print me out a set of plans. I will let you know how they look.
    Anthony
    WACO Brother #30 Cub Brother #17
    It's not the hours you put in It's what you put into the hours.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank You. I would be VERY much interested in the outcome.

Regards,

Richard
    Keep on building!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Waconut,
    I'm building the 1/4 scale Ryan (Byron kit) and originally intended to put the rcs 50vt in it. I'm really leaning towards the il-300. The demensions from the web site are a perfect fit for 1/4 scale, from firewall to prop hub and even scale exhaust location out of the cowling. The recommended prop for the il-300 is even 1/4 scale of the full size ryan. The only drawback is the weight (and the price). The rcs 50vt is a good running engine, until you put it in a cowling. Still working on that problem while its on my "test" cub.
    Paul