Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Ryan Sta Large Scale

Old 06-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Richard Scale Rocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ryan Sta Large Scale

Hey Guys! Anyone know where I can find plans or even better yet, a kit for the Ryan Sta 1/3 or 1/4 scale? I am currently building the now discontinued Sig Ryan Sta kit but I find it rather small.

Thank!

Old 06-07-2008, 05:38 AM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: Ryan Sta Large Scale

Richard,
I found plans at Alien Aircraft for a 1/4 and 1/3 scale, there are also plans for a 1/4 scale from Model Airplane News. I have intentions to design a 30% or 40% Ryan STA/YPT-16. I am looking at 30% to mount the new OS. IL-300 4-stroke inline 4 cylinder, this engine is a perfect match for a 30% Ryan. If I go with either size I will have to fabricate my own cowl and pants because there are none available. I have yet to find a supplier for a 33% cowling or pants either. Here is the link to Alien Aircraft, they are located 20 miles from me, I will call them later today. [link]http://www.alien-aircraft.com/[/link]
Let me know what you find!!
Anthony
Old 06-07-2008, 11:11 AM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Richard,
I called Alien Aircraft and talked to him, he is still in business but no longer has a plotter to plot plans, he will sell a file then you have to have it printed. I am going to buy the file from him this coming week and print me out a set of plans. I will let you know how they look.
Anthony
Old 06-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Richard Scale Rocks

Thank You. I would be VERY much interested in the outcome.

Regards,

Richard
Old 08-07-2008, 10:01 PM
plmcdonnell
My Feedback: (10)

Waconut,
I'm building the 1/4 scale Ryan (Byron kit) and originally intended to put the rcs 50vt in it. I'm really leaning towards the il-300. The demensions from the web site are a perfect fit for 1/4 scale, from firewall to prop hub and even scale exhaust location out of the cowling. The recommended prop for the il-300 is even 1/4 scale of the full size ryan. The only drawback is the weight (and the price). The rcs 50vt is a good running engine, until you put it in a cowling. Still working on that problem while its on my "test" cub.
Paul