Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Ugly Stik build from internet plans

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Ugly Stik build from internet plans

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 06:48 AM
CafeenMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ugly Stik build from internet plans

NO!!! Use balsa. Foam board is heavy. You're talking about FoamCor, right? The stuff with cardstock laminated on both sides of foam?
Old 08-17-2008, 07:41 AM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hammerd , great craftmanship , id like to be able to cut ribs like that.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:36 PM
starcad
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: WALKERS210-RCU

I have attempted from several locations to download the plans for this plane. The plans download find but when I open the two different files they are major difference in scale. I use TURBO CAD 2D which has served me well for a long time. The file for wing come out with wing former somewhere in the range of 2000 inches in lenght. I have rescaled the drawing to withing a fraction and hope it will work out. Is this just a problem I have or has anyone else had same or similar problem.
I hate to do this on Marks site, but if you would like to download my original drawings just go to my site, starcadplans.net You will have to sign up as a member but I will never email you unless your membership doesn't go through or something like that. After what happened last time I kinda keep track of who is downloading what. In the upper right corner of the site is a Tab 'Downloads' click on that and you will be taken to the download section. The Classic Ugly Stick is in the Sport Section of the Cad Files and in the PDF files. The CAD zip contains both ACad2ki DWG format and DXF files for the fuselage and the wing.

Sorry Hammerd not trying to hijack your thread just wanted people to get the correct design.

BTW when I grow up in 'Vegas I used to fly at Craig Road and at the dry lake north east of town off the Salt Lake highway. Anyone still fly at those areas?
Old 08-18-2008, 10:01 AM
ramon54321

Hi starcad

I really!! Really!! want to go onto your website cuase it sounds really good but it does not work. Internet Explorer says "Internet Explored cant find the website". Is this a common error. thanks!

Ramon
Old 08-18-2008, 10:32 PM
starcad

ORIGINAL: ramon54321

Hi starcad

I really!! Really!! want to go onto your website cuase it sounds really good but it does not work. Internet Explorer says "Internet Explored cant find the website". Is this a common error. thanks!

Ramon
Man Mark is gonna kick me off but http://www.starcadplans.net
Old 08-18-2008, 10:33 PM
starcad

I checked the link above and it works fine. Could have been when I was playing around today.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:54 PM
hammerd

I've started a build thread for the Pup in the "kit" forum:

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7861264/tm.htm]AerodromeRC Sopwith Pup build[/link]

starcad, the dry lake bed is still popular, the other field closed many years ago. I flew there as a teenager.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:06 AM
ramon54321

[&o]Thanks starcad

But i think my internet is messed. Still not working. No problem.[]

Ramon

And hammerd I am defenetally cheacking your thread on the pup cause i liked this one so much

Ramon