Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

bubble canopies

Old 09-22-2008, 08:31 PM
digital_trucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bubble canopies

Back in the good old days, you useta could buy bubble canopies. An exhausting google search has turned out precisely squat. Does anyone make ordinary plain-jane bubble canopies any more? I want one for a Jr. Falcon I'm building, and I'm just lazy enough to want one ready-made rather than vacu-forming my own.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:55 PM
longdan

Default RE: bubble canopies

[link=http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmart.exe/DetailProduct.html?L+Sig+ebfr1880+_Dimagefile_02SI GCS004_2ehtml_01num_02SIGCS004_01]SIG[/link] make them in various sizes.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check with wing mfg. www.wingmfg.com
Old 09-23-2008, 12:24 AM
Redwulf__34

I've got a set of RCM plans for the Hawker Hurri and the Kawasaki Hein. I have no clue how to make my own canopy and I'm not sure i really wanna learn. Is there a source for canopies for these plans?
Old 09-24-2008, 11:41 PM
John Sohm
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Redwulf__34

I've got a set of RCM plans for the Hawker Hurri and the Kawasaki Hein. I have no clue how to make my own canopy and I'm not sure i really wanna learn. Is there a source for canopies for these plans?
You can check with Traplet publications and see if any of their accessories are useable. Also, there are a couple guys on eBay that sell canopies for a bunch of the Royal kits. I don't know how good the quality is but if any of those are close to the size of your plans, you could probably order them. Just do a search for Royal from the Radio Control sub-topic of the Toys and Hobbies section.

Here are a couple examples. You might want to contact the seller for your specifics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canopy-For-ROYAL...d=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-Royal-BF109-E...d=p3286.c0.m14