Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Need Help!!!

Old 05-27-2003, 06:51 PM
Jack Walls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!!

TO ANYBODY OUT THERE:
My name is Jack Walls and I am a new member. Frankly I am having a bit of a problem in trying to "log-on". At this point I hope that I have finally found the key with this message. Anyway, I am building a 1/12th scale JU88 twin. The plans that I bought leave a lot to be desired as detail is concerned. At this point I am a little over half way along in the building process and I need some advice and help.( I am also trying to build this project on a low budget.)
However, right now I need some advice on retracts. The JU88 has a 90 degree rotating (Like a corsair) landing gear and I am trying to select a set of retracts that will work on my project. I have used Robart air before on a scale P-51, but I am wondering about using a mechanical retract like the Hobbico Rotating for this size model. Has anyone out there used this product and is it reliable??? Would this work on the size of model that I am building (wing span 72" using two OS .40s engines) ???
I would greatly appreciate advice from ANYONE OUT THERE!!! Contact me
Jack