Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

My friend Proflooney

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 03:58 AM
Anchorboy46
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My friend Proflooney

Hi! Merry Christmas to everyone! Anyways- My name is Mikey and I would like to share with you the most wonderful guy I have ever met on here. Well, there have been several! But anyways, His name is Proflooney! He is a truly generous man and had a webcam and let guys watch him build model airplanes. He then answered peoples questions during glue drying. What a great man he was. I havent spoke or watched him for some time, because I moved from San Diego to Crockett, Texas and I'm just now getting into building my Nick Ziroli plans that proflooney blew up for me. It is huge! Its a Giant F4U Corsair. I sure miss Proflooney. I hope I get back into contact with him, he is such an ace. Anyways, Merry Christmas to everyone and God Bless, Mikey Daniels AMA student pilot, and novice builder.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:31 AM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: My friend Proflooney

I am here mikey sent you an email. I kinda moved over to RC scalebuilder most of the time and lurk here and have a new website address http://www.proflooney.net
Old 12-19-2008, 07:58 AM
nchrome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see that you are still with us. Still haven't gotten too much done on that zeroli B-25 I got from you a few years back but I did get a set of retracts for it. And plan on doing some work on it this winter. I also purchased another zeroli B-25 and another Wing B-25. Guess I'm just nuts about B-25s. Marry Christmas to all out there and get some balsa and get to building.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:57 AM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Merry xmas

Yes personally I went to WWI planes they are way more fun. besides being able to build all in 3rd scale without being too massive and heavy, you get to build the plane completely scale from the framing to the covering. and the cost is enormously cheaper. a 1/3 scale Fokker DRI with 1400 parts and everything but covering tires radio and engine only 850 bucks compared to 50 bucks for plans another 600 or so for a full wood kit another 600 for retracts 200 for scale wheels etcetc just to build a decent WWI plane.

I am designing now and az models is selling plans and kits for my first plane a Bristol F2b Fighter, and working on a salmson 2A2 for full scale guys to build a repro to fly in, and a Roland DVb for Glenn Torrence

Joe