Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Not Really R/C But....CAD

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 06:00 PM
Ragwing
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Really R/C But....CAD

This post really has nothing to do with model airplanes, but rather 3D modeling. I'm an engineering student at Walla Walla College, and I am just finishing up a course in CAD (AutoCAD and Pro Engineer). For the final were making a moderately complex assembly in Pro/E. But I'll skip to the point:

I'd like to apply a nice cast texture to several of my parts...but I'm having trouble locating any that work very well. Do any of you guys (or gals) have any experience with this or know where I could get some decent textures?

Thanks for the help! And again my apologies for getting so far off topic.
Derek
Old 06-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Closterman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default texture

Take a picture of a cast parts and insert it in your sofware. This tips work well with Autodesk Inventor, don't know for ProE.