Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

flying firgurine

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 05:07 PM
I-fly-any-and-all
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default flying firgurine

I'm considering to build a glow powered flying superman. I thing is, I know it is possible to do so by tracing the outline of someone's body on a sheet of foam. My problem lies with the cape which will act as the wing. I do not know how large the wing should be made, or where one would balance such a carft. Would I measure the aircraft length wise and blance 1/3 of the way back?
I would appreciate any help.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Carlos G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: flying firgurine

Hi I Fly,

You might want to look at the R/C flying witch. It is possibly the closest thing that would be suitable for a starting point for your own design.

Carlos G.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:10 AM
jonastecknare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen several of these. There was a showteam called the cloud dancers who had one i think, One thing i`ve noted is that when the engine is on a pod on the back, the engine is mounted with a lot of up angle. I guess to counter the offset from centerline. They seem to have a fairly standard deltawing, Maybe 40-45 inches wingspan. The root chord roughly the same. CG at around 17% of vingarea is what i would try! Dont forget plenty of finarea. God luck!
Old 12-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Villa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As Carlos suggested, look at the Flying Witch. You can Google for it. If you want building ideas, search RCUnivers for Flying Lawnmower and use villa as the author. I had a ball designing it and test flying it to solve problems.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:41 PM
I-fly-any-and-all
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bullocks