Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Building More than Models

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 03:36 AM
WALKERS210-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Building More than Models

Most people are very lucky to have experienced the joy of building and seeing their project progress from a bundle of wood into a finished model that gives pleasure and pride. I have found that this hobby also gives one the chance to build something that can be more rewarding than all the praise and trophies that can be heaped upon your pride and joy. Friendship is something that is a by-product that will self build and with a little maintenance continue to grow. A gentleman I met a few years back turned out to be just that a true friend, one that was willing to give without question, spend as much time on a problem as necessary, and was a true asset to the hobby. I lost my friend on Monday morning to cancer, and would like to ask all builders and fliers of RC planes to take a moment and just say thanks to a wonderful man. Guess what I'm trying to say is use this hobby not only to fill your time but also to do as Mr Ed Bates did reach out to all with a hand of friendship.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:39 AM
khelsea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building More than Models

A great tribute. It's people like that and the memories that they provide that makes us all better. Don't forget that life is short so make the best of it for yourself and your friends. Lanny Khelsea
Old 02-27-2009, 05:15 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

my uncle invested in getting me into rc planes when i was very young. not only did he create a lifetime hobby for me we, almost 30 yrs later and 800 miles apart, still discuss the hobby on a weekly basis. every chance we get we build and fly together. he is one of my best friends and i will miss him terribly when he is gone. this hobby seems to have a lot of these stories.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Murdoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what it`s all about. To use your knowledge and help others, just as the way we wanted help when we started out in this hobby. Unfortunately not all people are helpfull, so those who are sure gets remembered, Just like your friend.
If we can help those that are new in the hobby, and not only help them but really show them with care and thought, then we`re doing something good.