Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Up sizing a Kadet Senioretta question

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Up sizing a Kadet Senioretta question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Dead eyes
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Up sizing a Kadet Senioretta question

I searched but couldn't find any post on upsizing a Kadet Senioretta. A flying buddy and me are kicking around the idea of scratch building a Kadet Senioretta and doubling its size to make it a "Giant Senioretta." Has anyone ever seen one ? If we do this we are adding ailerons, taking some dihederal out, making it a tail dragger, making plug-in wings, and a few more things. Any suggestions ? Thanks
Old 03-02-2009, 10:19 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts
Default RE: Up sizing a Kadet Senioretta question

Hi deadeyes,

The Senioretta was more of a scale downed Kadet Senior try looking for upscaled Seniors they are all over the place. I have the LT-40 trainer which has very similar lines. I have been threatening to build a Senior or Senioretta because I like stick building but I already have too many projects going or waiting to be started. Good luck with yours!

Mike
Old 03-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Dead eyes
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks, that was our original idea but we thought it might be easier to transport a scaled up Senioretta. Just doing some "dream building" for now.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:54 PM
wilburav

I built a "to size" Senioretta , cut the diheidral in half, added ails, made it into a tail dragger equiped with mounts for a matching set of floats and powered it with a Enya .40 That was 15 years ago and is's still going strong. To this day it flies like a dream and is my favorite plane of the fleet. I have handed the transmitter to many entry level only to see the smile appear when they realize they can fly. I have never flown from water but the floats work well from snow. I have always wanted to explor a larger version of the same. I think it will do well. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions or ideas to share.