Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

RCM Plans ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Deerslayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCM Plans ?

Does anyone know what is the status of this facility?

About 6 weeks ago, I went to their online site and ordered a set of plans. It all looked OK, but nothing has ever appeared in my mail as a result. Of course, I worried a bit about some kind of a scam, even though the site seemed legit. At least nothing has appeared on my credit card bill since ordering. IF a charge does appear, and I have not received my plans, I will then contact the credit card company and
see what their fraud division wants to do about it.

If I get more information (or, my plans!), I will post an update.

Meanwhile, I suggest that others be very wary of this operation.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:18 AM
ron12901

Default RE: RCM Plans ?

I just ordered 2 sets of plans from RCM; took about two weeks overall shipped to Illinois. This was my second order with them in the last 6 months. No problems at all.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Deerslayer

ORIGINAL: ron12901

I just ordered 2 sets of plans from RCM; took about two weeks overall shipped to Illinois. This was my second order with them in the last 6 months. No problems at all.

OK, that's good to hear. I now wonder if my problem is that I ordered the plans to be shipped to Canada, per one of the options on their form?
Old 09-25-2009, 07:56 AM
Stripes
My Feedback: (19)

Fear not, RCM has always been a little slow on delivery.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:12 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Give them a ring...

http://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?ma...n4pd918embipsr
Old 09-25-2009, 09:16 AM
cd_webb
My Feedback: (6)

Just ordered my first 2 sets from them 12 days ago, recieved them 3 days ago. Just call 'em, there could be some small problem that a call could get ironed out.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:53 AM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it depends on what you order. They have favs that are always being sold and have ready to ship and then they have the stuff they sell once every 5 years and have to make room in the que to print. I have always received my order.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Deerslayer

Wow!
Thank you, those who so quickly answered my original post.

I feel better, knowing that others have NOT had problems with this site, and that sometimes it just takes a long time to get an order completed. I now have their toll-free number and will try to find out what happened to my order.

Thanks, in particular, to a couple of folks who generously offered to do some CAD work for me. I will hold off on taking you up on this, at least for now.

Whenever one has to place orders across the Internet, one should be wary when things do not seem to happen as expected. Each time I do so, which is very rare, I get a bit of a queasy feeling until I actually see the goods and the resulting billing. Perhaps having spent many years heavily involved with computer security has steeped my sense of paranoia!

Old 09-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Deerslayer

I phoned RCMPLANS (d'oh! I should have done this awhile back, I suppose!). Very nice lady to deal with. They had no record of my order. I will assume that I did something wrong and that is why the order never made it into their system properly. She has noted that my plans are to be mailed out on Monday!

Foam cutting time is finally approaching, methinks (mehopes!).
Old 09-26-2009, 03:22 PM
TrickyPig

Deerslayer,

Glad to hear things worked out for you and RCM. I've purchased about 6-7 plans over the past 5 years from RCM and have found them to be very accomandating.
I've also been very happy with the quality of the drawings. Goodluck with your build.