Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Help with ModelCad 99

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 06:04 PM
vonJaerschky
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with ModelCad 99

I'm trying to blow up a 3 view on an 8.5X11 sheet of paper so that I can print out a copy of it in the size that I want. I scanned the 3-view and saved it as a bitmap, and imported it into ModelCad. I can't seem to find a way to enlarge the image. I need to enlarge it 625%. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:15 PM
clausxpf

I am not familiar with modelcad.. I use acad.... there you just do..
but you can do it in coreldraw... and there are a trial you can download and use for it..
and by the way corel draw can translate drawings and files from most formats.. even more than acad... that is the reason that I have it... to translate from the different file formats of drawings.
try to go that way....
Claus
Old 07-11-2003, 07:33 PM
vonJaerschky

acad being Autocad?
Old 07-11-2003, 07:35 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

It's been a long time since I played with ModelCad, but you should be looking for the "Scale" command.

As far as trying to print out the larger image, ModelCad offers almost nil support for printers.
The closest it ever got to doing what you want is to print out in "tiles" where you tape together a bunch of smaller sheets to make the large one. That's a bit Mickey Mouse but that's how they did it.
It sounds like what you are trying to do is send the larger size drawing to a plotter. With ModelCad, that ain't gonna' happen.

In short, you can't get there from here.

Highflight
Old 07-11-2003, 07:40 PM
clausxpf

yes it is....
but you can do the job in coreldraw too... I know that joe huntley from the warbirds just works i coreldraw... for all his planes... 1/4 scale and so on..
and he goes to the printshop to have the big copies...
Claus
Old 07-11-2003, 08:21 PM
vonJaerschky

I'm having some success now with photoshop blowing up a 3-view of a ME-109E. I'm going to make a .15 size little warbird. i have a P-40 in that size and it flies absolutely fantastic! No landing gear, grooves as well as any .60 size plane I've flown, and looks awesome on the flyby. Plus you can build it and put an engine in it for the price of a set of good retracts.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:40 PM
scalebldr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need to use the demension command pick two points a known distance apart say a wheel.after you set the second point you will shown the measured distance at the scale being used.change that demension to whatever size you need and the entire drawing will be resized to the new demension.say the wheel demension is .25 and you want the end result to be a 4 inch wheel. plug in 4.00 and you are done.e-mail me direct if any other question come up