Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Stinger 120

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:58 PM
paof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stinger 120

HOLA I NEED PLANS FOR BUILDING ONE STINGER 120 PLEASE ¡¡¡¡
THANKS .
PAOF
Old 02-18-2010, 09:06 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Stinger 120

Are you thinking of the controlliner the radio version? Both have a Canadian connection.

Wm.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:26 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I am not sure if the plans for the 120 stinger are full size or not. I believe on the giant stinger (84 inch) only the tail surfaces are full size on the plans, the wing is foam, and the fuselage is very simple box design....but not shown as full size on the paper.

Also the turtle deck and cowl are abs plastic.. On the giant..so I am not sure if the 120 size has a built up deck or not.

Anyhow when theres a will theres a way...Maybe someone will come along with a more definitive answer.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:55 AM
paof

THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER, IS THE LANIER 120 AND YES THE FUSELAGEPLANS OF THE SINGER IS FULL SIZE THE WING IS HALF SCALE. I CAN REDUSE THE PLANS OF THE GIANT STINGER, HOW % CAN REDUSE FROM 84INCHES TO 80 ?
THANKS AGAIN AND ALWAIS HAPPY LANDING.

PAOF
Old 02-19-2010, 02:24 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm afraid I only have a scrap or two of plans left from mine, as I got the plane wrecked with used plans. A stinger is really just a ugly stick type plane with a cowl and plastic deck and canopy. You might be ahead buying an ugly stick kit ,with plans..then seeing if you can find the plastic top..or scratch build it.

A stinger flies well but is a hard plane to get full sized templates for without tracing the parts..the plans won't help that much...Once again I am guessing the 120 size is using a similar plan. You might be able to find a kit unbuilt if you keep your eyes open. But I think you are going to need tracings off a unbuilt kit to be accurate.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:17 PM
paof

THANKS AGAIN.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:07 PM
flygilmore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Giant Stinger.....the fuse plans are full size along with the tail but the wing is indeed half scale. I don't know how to help you other than searching for people (via the search function) and try to PM folks who have built the 1.20 size. Another option in that size range is the Ryans Rebel sold as a plan set from RCM. It is a very easy build of the same size.