Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Ryans Rebel Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:16 AM
redbiscuits
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ryans Rebel Build Thread

Just wondering if anyone else has gotten their Rebel up in the air yet?
I think I'm approaching somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 flights on mine. It is my go to plane almost everytime at the field. I would definately rebuild it (Again) if something happend to it.
Red
Old 05-19-2011, 11:13 AM
gard72977
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the plans but there are a few projects infront of it. I have a old Ultra Stick with a OS 160. Im planning on building the Rebel to replace the it. Im starting to cut out the ribs now. Should I really try to build lite or does it matter that much on this plane?
Old 05-19-2011, 03:11 PM
redbiscuits
My Feedback: (6)

I don't think you have to worry to much. I made some reinforcements where I thought necessary and it still feels light in the air. IMO the plans build too light to begin with, Look back at my second build, I lengthened the fuse doubler a little and also substituted lite ply for some of the aft formers instead of balsa.
Red.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:34 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've seen a Rebel with the fuselage built entirely of Philippine mahogany door skin wood. It had a 4.2 Sachs engine. It had plenty of power and was not light with all the reinforcements. The person sold his Ryan's Rebel and built a Bridi Big Bee for the engine. I thought the Ryan's Rebel he had was OK. I don't know what engine the new owner used as I never saw the plane again.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:41 PM
flygilmore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone still flying/working on a RR? I have recently got the itch to get mine out and finish framing it up. It's been sitting for the last 2-3yrs. I bet it would be a great plane for some smoke!
Old 09-05-2014, 07:36 AM
paof

Hi Redbiscuit is available the ryans rebel plans from rcm magazine?
Paof