Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

need help finding parts...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 02:27 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default need help finding parts...

i bought some depron, and electronic kits(esc/motor/servos)
i want to build some park flyers(like ive seen on RCsuperpowers)
but im having trouble finding complete set of control parts...the clevis/rod/control horn.
i looked on ebay, but couldnt find anyone selling all 3 together(other than direct replacement parts)
im looking to buy all three pieces together, in a few different rod lenghts(12' 6' 4') and i want to get several of each length.
i also need a way to mount a BL outrunner to the depron foam.

any ideas guys?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:29 PM
cougdave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need help finding parts...

Tower Hobbies and Hobby Lobby International still sell most of the bits and pieces. You can buy various pushrod sets with clevises and hardware in the same package, but you will probably have to buy your horns separately. I am finding that mail order is almost the only way to get these parts any more. Local stores carry more ARFs and less hardware these days. I still prefer music wire with "Z" bends for most smaller stuff. No real hardware to buy if you have a stash of wire and some balsa sticks. I also used to cut all of my own control horns, although now I am lazy and just buy them.

I have no idea how to mount an outrunner to Depron, so I'll let somebody else answer that one. (I am just tinkering with foam for floats and flying boat hulls right now. I haven't tried making an airframe out of it yet.)

Good luck and safe flying,
Dave