Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Enlarging BT Typhoon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 10:39 AM
Pelle Gris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enlarging BT Typhoon?

Hi all...

I have had a set of Brian Taylor Typhoon plans enlarged 36% (1:5scale). What I would like to know is if there are any modications I need to make when making a larger version? Maybe change some of the balsa parts to ply? Especially.... the dihedral brace in the wings are balsa, and I´m not sure that this will be strong enough.

I would like to build a late Mk. IB with the large tailplane and bubble hood so I will have to make some modifications to the plans.

Power will be a G-62 with reduction drive swinging something like a 33x23 3-blade prop....(as soon as I can get the drive to work properly..., and I expect the weight to be somewhere between 15-20kg (33-44lb)

BTW... Because of lack of money I will have to make my own retracts for this plane. When looking at the plans I noticed that the retract rails are located rather deep into the wing. The original model is supposed to be equipped with Unitracts, and I wonder if the pivot?? block is shaped in a special way on these retracts? I have not seen the Unitracts units? Anyone have a picture/drawing of these?

Thank you...