RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/)
-   -   Warning!---- Rcm Plans Service----- Warning! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/11372708-warning-rcm-plans-service-warning.html)

Model 10 08-13-2011 04:08 PM

RE: RCM plans service still open?

Hello

Great .....hope you get your order in a timely maner...

i will not say anymore at this time ....they have had 6 weeks now ..... and nothing ....will not work with me on this order.......

all my paper work has been ready for some time now... RMC just has a lack of interest or concern.....leaving me no choice but to file the complant...... i have explaned every thing to all on this matter........will let you all know about the out come when i get it........add up the clues ....it is following a set or general pattern and your statment is very good but it may be what they call ....MAKINGYOUANUNWITTINGACCOMPLICES .....look it up it means you are being used and do not know it......The states attorneys off can and will find the right answers along with the BBB.......and it will go from that point if need be to The Internet crime complaint center called IC3...........it will be out of my hands at that point ...RCM could care less about the complant and that it will always be on file forever i have told them this......most busness already know this......i do wish they had just sent me the plans i ordered............i have followed the proper system...........I will talk to any one that would like to know more but i think i've done my best so far to keep an open mind and looking for my plans i do not think they will show up and others do not think so either...........its poor service and performance from RMC at best with no good Response from them that is good....
I askfor proof of shipping and what address did you ship to and got no answer????????????/Kindest Regards....Model 10

Please do not stop buying if you feel eerthing is ok......but please get a tracking ###

Gray Beard 08-13-2011 04:20 PM

The not answering the phone or emails is nothing new. That was going on even when RCM was still a magazine. I always ordered by phone so sometimes it took days to get anyone to place my order with. They have always been slow but I have always gotten my plans. These days I get most my plans from Model Airplane News or other plans services. I now got in the habit of phoning any company I want to order from, even there customer service number and make sure I get someone on the line to speak with before I place an order. Only trouble I have had with anyone was the service center for the SK engines that are sold through Kangke/Super Kraft. No one to pick up the phone, no returned messages. I got ticked off and finally just mailed in the engine for repairs, it got repaired and returned in about 7 working days. In this day and age there are a lot of one person places and the one person is too busy to answer a phone or return emails. I understand that. I just no longer use SK engines or deal with Kangke/Supercraft any longer. Kangke answered the phone at least but I got refered to there service center so they lost a customer due to that persons problem. I'm kinda funny that way.

Model 10 08-13-2011 04:38 PM

well i am in the same place you are in with your eng.........

.i have been over this time after time.....i hope you all keep buying and get what you order.....i am not saying to stop ordering just Buyer Beware....at this time..........get a tracking ### for any order it good for you and the company you buy from......i for one will never buy from them RCM Plans again even if i do get my set of plans at some point.........or my monet back........thanks for you input but it is not enought to
not send in my complaint...........Please keep flying R/C and building........Model 10

Model 10 08-15-2011 09:31 AM

UP-Date to all that was keeping up with my post.

Today is August 15,2011 .....I am happy to say that t got my seconed order today that they sent From RMC Plans on August 3, 2011 never did see the first one......

it has been from the first of july untel now to get this order........ today i know why.

1-off it was sent by "PARCEL POST" Lucky .....i got it at all as this is a black hole.
2- I was looking for it to be sent first class as i though i paid for ???........it was in the tub .....the plans are great...no problem http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ssed_smile.gif
3 -RMC did Not tell me that they had a tracking # on the order or give me the shipping info i ask for....so i could have my post master to find it......
I am very happy that they did send it out .you will never know ...so now you can buy with the same trust you had all along i do APOLOGIZE if you were think you might be next or somthing........

Today i am Eating CROW at this time......sent E-Mail to RCM Plans and "APOLOGIZE" to them for my actions......I did however tell them to Communicate a little better with the people that are buying from them in a more timely manner........http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ssed_smile.gif
Thank you for your input...........Regards Model 10

Robr0924 08-17-2011 05:03 PM

Glad to hear it model 10, Im patiently waiting. But I'm sue it will work out.

Model 10 08-18-2011 02:01 AM

Hello

the next time you order ask for a tracking # if every one would do this RCM just might comply ....and stop all this not talking with its customers......If it's not working i still have all the needed info.....to get the job done ..........and it is posted.......Good Luck.....Keep Building.....Model 10

Robr0924 08-24-2011 06:45 PM

got my plans today, order them on 7/29/2011. No issues.

just need balsa and time now.

Akent 08-24-2011 07:07 PM

Well, it's interesting that I'm not the only one having issues with RCM plans.

I ordered plans for the Ultra Sport 60 on July 29. I paid with Paypal and used my CC, as this gives you a second layer of protection.

I didn't hear anything about the order, so on August 3rd, I sent an email to them asking for an order status.

Here is what I received back:
Dear Kent,
Thank you for your email and order. It usually takes between 2 to 3
weeks from receiving your order. We have been extremely busy this summer
(we are not complaining). We process each plan individually; nothing is
sitting on a shelf. We then check it for accuracy before shipping it
using the US Postal Service.
I will send this one out next Monday... as I have to come in this
weekend for paper work... don't tell!
Best wishes, Kent, and thank you again.
RCM Plans
====
Well, that was on August 3rd. It is now August 24th. Nothing. I sent another email on the 17th with no response.

When the one month anniversary shows up next week, then I will need to start proceedings to get my money back through Paypal, as those bozos only allow 45 days if you are ripped off.

This is completely ridiculous.
Kent
<br type="_moz"/>

Akent 08-24-2011 07:08 PM

Cool!
I ordered mine on the same day!
Did you receive any indication that they were being shipped?

On August 29th though, Iwill be doing the deed with Paypal to get my money back. No choice.
Kent

ORIGINAL: Robr0924

got my plans today, order them on 7/29/2011. No issues.

just need balsa and time now.

Model 10 08-25-2011 05:54 AM

Hello
as you can see from my e-mails on this

I got the same info from thim .....it must be standard info......i think this person only works when they feel like it and only shipping out a set of plans on the last day they can.........After 7 weeks i did get my order the day before my complaint was to go out ..... I for one will never buy from them again.........very poor way todo business........this is a fast moving hobby and timematters.....it takes time to build and aircraft and order the other items needed so one can start the job......Model 10

Robr0924 08-25-2011 09:04 AM

I did not get any indication from RCM it was a tube sent regular mail. The WONDERFUL post woman, left it in the planter box of my mailbox. And yes it rained yesterday in TEXAS fianlly, lucky for me i got to them just in time. All there and they look great.

I'm happy.

But I do think they could do a better on tracking or alerting the buyer. I would pay for the FEDEX just so I could track it, if it was offered.

Otherwise, it can be lost in the mail. And we are none the wiser.

good luck

EscapeFlyer 08-25-2011 09:32 AM

Got my Kaos plans today. All is good...

Brian

Model 10 08-25-2011 01:01 PM

Up Date On My Bandio Grande

I am under way with my new aircraft the Bandito Grand382 inch wing......have wing ordered it is being lazer cut for me.......it is fasrer and a great way to get stated fast..... Have made all my mods ....parts on order hope to have them all next week..... not using ply wood sides like on planes making it 1 inch wider in the front ...not using the canopy per the plans making it a little lower.......Using a 120 OS- 4 c will give an up date to any one that would like to build this aircraft will have my plans copyed if you like a set but would like copy and shipping cost....."only"..........Model 10.
Thank its a good time to start a new forum.....Model 10

Akent 08-26-2011 07:30 AM

What do you know!
Yesterday Ihad a tube laying by the mailbox!

RCM must have gotten off the couch a few days ago and shipped all of our orders.

It's real hard to say Iwill never order from them again. They are not good business people, but the plans sure do look nice.

I'm happy now!
Kent

Model 10 08-26-2011 10:21 AM

Hello Awesome

just might be they are getting the message ....Model 10http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../thumbs_up.gifhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ular_smile.gif

dwreel 04-27-2012 05:28 AM

RCM Plans

I ordered a set of plans from RCM Plans 23 days ago. I have not received the plans as yet and they ignored the 2 emails I sent them. I've had good service from them in the past. Has anybody run into this situation recently.

Free Bird 04-27-2012 07:19 AM

RE: RCM Plans

You'll get your plans, they are pretty slow. I understand that an older woman runs the show.

FB

N1EDM 04-27-2012 11:45 AM

Unfortunately, the same thing happened to me. I ordered plans in early December and when I inquired about them in early January (about 4 weeks), they had 'just been shipped'. And, I got them.

Then, I ordered another set of plans. My card was charged instantly but still no plans. After 2 weeks, I emailed and got a reply asking if I had received the plans. I said that I had not and that I wanted a refund. I did get the refund. Strangely, I got an email a few days later asking if I had received my plans after all (I hadn't). I replied that they had not arrived - and to this day they have never shown up. But I have to admit that the person was honest and did refund my $$.

I think that, if I ever buy plans again, I will put a note in to the comments field that my card may not be charged until the plans have actually been sent out. I don't know if this is possible or legal, but it's what I intend to do - if there is a next time.

I feel badly because RCM was always such a top notch magazine. But, twice in a row I've not had good luck with them. I hope that they can turn this around.

Perhaps the person who owns RCM Plans now will monitor this and explain what the problem is. I'd like to support their product because they had so many first rate plans available.

Bob

jp_boud 04-29-2012 04:30 AM

My guess is that you are about 10 days away from getting those plans, seems like the running average is a few days over a month. Once they arrive they will be quality plans....but man the lead time you have to give RCM is a real pain. If someone would respond to an email or phone call it would help prevent that feeling that you had just got scammed on the internet right!

Steve in MT 04-29-2012 05:25 PM

Yep, they are really slow. I waited almost 6 weeks for mine, but they did show up. Seems that emails and phone calls are a waste of time and I never even bothered trying. I allways try to order plans WAYYYYY in advance so that they show up when Im ready for them. Steve in MT

TFF 04-29-2012 06:51 PM

It is just a part time gig run by the last employee of RCM. If they are not one of the more popular ones that are batch printed, you have to wait in the que.

dwreel 04-29-2012 06:59 PM

Yea gads. I ordered the Dirty Birdy plans and now with Tower coming out with the DB ARF, My order mght be the only one for weeks. Oh well,I've got all the balsa waiting for it when it does get here. :(

N1EDM 04-30-2012 04:08 PM

dwreel,

Someone is starting a build thread on the Dirty Birdy... here's a link if you're interested.

Bob

dwreel 04-30-2012 04:42 PM

I missed the link, Bob. Would you please post it again

thanks,dick.

N1EDM 04-30-2012 05:03 PM

No, you didn't miss the link, I missed the link Sort of like sending the email but fogetting the attachment:)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11061806

Sorry about the goof-up. There are only a few posts, it just started. I don't know what direction that it's going to take but it doesn't cost much to find out. :D

Bob