RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/)
-   -   Warning!---- Rcm Plans Service----- Warning! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/11372708-warning-rcm-plans-service-warning.html)

dwreel 04-30-2012 06:21 PM

RE: RCM Plans

Thanks,Bob. Now if RCM plans will just send the plans I ordered 4 wks ago, I can get started on my DB.

dwreel 05-01-2012 10:49 AM

Well, I finally heard from RCM Plans, They said they were "Updateing" (?) the plans and they would ship in the next few days. They did apologise for the dely. My order status is now"processing and shipping" Looks like ," A month and ten days for delivery " was right on the mark.

Thanks for all the input, guys. It's eased the pain of waiting. :D

dwreel 05-14-2012 07:06 PM

Well, well. The plans came in today.Everything is fine. One month and 10 days.

ourbluehorizon 06-11-2012 08:32 AM

Hi,
I ordered plans for the Bird of Time on 8th May 2012 and still have not received them. I live in the Uk and was putting it down to the postal system until I got another item within a week from the States. emailed them today.

Jim_Purcha 06-11-2012 09:19 AM

Hi, I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. I have to wait at least 4-5 weeks for plans from RCM plans. Give it another two weeks.

Jim

ORIGINAL: ourbluehorizon

Hi,
I ordered plans for the Bird of Time on 8th May 2012 and still have not received them. I live in the Uk and was putting it down to the postal system until I got another item within a week from the States. emailed them today.

box car 06-12-2012 01:00 PM

Hi,
I buy a lot of plans from them and the word <u>slow </u>always comes to mine but they always get here.

ourbluehorizon 06-12-2012 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: box car

Hi,
I buy a lot of plans from them and the word <u>slow </u>always comes to mine but they always get here.
Thanks for the encouragement. There's always a reason as to why we are made to wait.

EscapeFlyer 06-12-2012 05:06 PM

You'll get them...

It took 6 weeks for them to pull my Dirty Birdy plans. They emailed me as soon as they were printed. It took three days to get to me from that point.

The plans are worth the wait, but it is a frustrating wait.

Hang in there!

Brian

ourbluehorizon 06-13-2012 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Ilikebipes

You'll get them...

It took 6 weeks for them to pull my Dirty Birdy plans. They emailed me as soon as they were printed. It took three days to get to me from that point.

The plans are worth the wait, but it is a frustrating wait.

Hang in there!

Brian
Plans arrived today!!!!!!!!!! As you say well worth the wait.

Nikolas K 09-23-2012 09:09 AM

In the "Questions and Answers" topic, I started a thread a while ago making my complaints about RCM plans service. After a more carefull search, I discovered this thread.
Now, all my questions found an answer. It seems that they are very slow. The short story with my case is that I ordered the Gentle Lady plans 12 days ago and my order is still "processing and shipping", with no reply to a message I sent them.
And if you guys say that you received your orders after one month and 10 days in US, then I can imagine how long it will take to receive them in Greece...!:)

45cal 11-07-2012 07:19 AM

i ordered my plan on 22 aug 12 still waiting, sent e-mail and they have not responded yet. thinging about sending reg letter with my paid invoice.

Jim_Purcha 11-09-2012 10:14 AM

I received some plans on Tuesday that I ordered from the UK from the old RCM&amp;E catalog, a prop jet Bae Hawk, on October 14th. 2-1/2" weeks not too bad.

Jim

kdc 11-09-2012 11:22 AM

Just to clarify things, Jim was referring to the English magazine RCME now called RC Model Aeroplane in USA. This English magazine is still going strong and usually has a free pull out plan each month. All the RCME plans and also Radio Modeller, Scale Aicraft, X List plans and the old Aeromodeller plans are still available from [link]http:[link]http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk[/link]]MyHobbyStore.co.uk in England. Note that most English plans dont come with the original article unless you order it and pay extra. But there is a large number of great plans still available.

( Jim did you get the article I sent on the Hawk? )

kc / kdc

Mr. E 01-16-2013 03:22 PM

issues with rcm plans

i cant even start to express my anger. i ordered a set of plans the rcm magazine months ago and i have writen them a million times with no response dose no one work there anymore. i just donty get a point in takeing my money telling me my plans are comeing and fail to send it. ive ordered before and recived them on time but now it seems you cant get a hold of anyone. has anyone else had any issus with them? how do i get my plans? any help anyone please i really wana start building

JL1 01-16-2013 03:59 PM

RE: issues with rcm plans

I had to call them but once I did they were very helpful and the ploans arrived in a couple of weeks. This was about a month ago.

Bladejunkie 01-16-2013 08:28 PM

Mr.E,I feel your pain,I ordered plans for the RCM Hooker last October and still haven't got them.I also tried calling about a million times,both numbers,no answer.I've already got the kit but no plans.They charged my credit card last October.What can we do?I wanted this kit for a winter build,guess not this winter.Maybe I'll find plans on the bay or here RCU.

Later Jim.

garypace 01-17-2013 01:56 AM

I have ordered a sit of champ plans in Oct. from rcm and after calling and emailing them ,still didn't here from them after 6 months so I emailed them to return my money .

kdc 01-17-2013 03:59 AM

If you paid by Credit Card you should complain to the Card company if you have not received goods - this should liven them up!

garypace 01-17-2013 05:37 AM

yes I paid by credit card , when I e mailed them to say I didn't want it because of the waiting time they returned my money whth in an hour. Iwould rather had the plans now I have to start looking for them again.

chip_MG 01-21-2013 04:06 PM

I have read on RCU that RCM plans is now run by an older lady..
Funny thing is, I ordered two sets of plans before xmas and got them in about 3 weeks later.. then I got another email just the other day saying they sent out my order again..

anybody need a Spacewalker and cub plan as I might have two pretty soon..

Chip

DESERT RATT 01-22-2013 02:35 PM

I've ordered two sets in the last three months, They both came in a suitable amount of time..

I wonder what's going on with them.

Their company is Air Age now.

kdc 01-23-2013 04:24 AM

Surely Air Age is the Model Airplane News plans service, not RCM ? Or has something changed?

Mr. E 01-23-2013 09:09 AM

clearly this seems to be a hit and miss type of website. i havnt gotten a hold of then. dose anyone know if i contact airage if they will help me out ? cause i realy want these plans its my fav plane by far and i cant find the plans anywere else

kdc 01-23-2013 09:48 AM

I have not seen anything else which suggests Air Age sell RCM plans! They are rivals surely?

Red_Jeepster 01-23-2013 10:20 AM

HOLD YOUR HORSES MEN!
RCM Plans Servce and AIR AGE are two seperate entities. NOT related other than they both offer plans.
RCM has had some trouble (and still does) in fulfilling orders on a timely basis.
I've been subject to their "lateness" asmany of you have. I was able to speak with the woman who indeed owns the RCM Plans service, and she offered the same explainations for being so slow that we have readhere and in other threads. However, she processed my order and I had them within a few days of my talking with her.
I think she is just overloaded, and cannot keep up with the business of RCM Plans. Life gets in the way, and order fulfillment suffers.
SHE does not charge your Visa. It is an AUTOMATED SYSTEM via internet webpage hosting that charges your Visa. She, like any other person who sells on internet, gets notice of the order, and then has to fill it. The Visa part is done even before she knows it.

I don't know the woman, nor am I a friend. I am just trying to keep people from slandering another person based on mis-truths and anger.
Yes, I'll order from RCM Plans again, and likely very soon.

Just wanted to get that point across.