RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/)
-   -   Warning!---- Rcm Plans Service----- Warning! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/11372708-warning-rcm-plans-service-warning.html)

mbnt 12-09-2013 08:32 PM

I've been away from the hobby for almost 30 years and just recently started back again. I had ordered plans from RCM back in the 80s so I was glad to see they were still in business. I ordered a set of plans last month and after trying to contact them, without sucess, I found this forum by "googling" RCMplans. Too bad I didn't find it sooner. My question is when was the last time anyone received plans from RCM?

sterbejj 12-09-2013 09:14 PM

I ordered two plan sets from RCM Plans in February, 2013 and still have not yet received the materials I ordered. Several months ago I filed a formal complaint with the Oregon Department of Justice. After receiving no response from the DOJ I filed a second formal complaint. Then, I finally got a response to the first complaint. A couple of months later I received a communication from the DOJ stating that they were in contact with RCM Plans and that RCM Plans promised to refund my money. I also got a personal mailgram from RCM Plans stating the same thing. After three weeks I still did not receive either my refund or my plans. I contacted the Oregon DOJ with a follow-up complaint including a note that the RCM Plans web site was still on line and operating and taking money but not providing the merchandise as ordered. Three more weeks, no response from either RCM Plans or the Oregon DOJ. So, I submitted another compalint to the Oregon DOJ, and again noted that the RCM Plans web site was STILL on line and taking money. Again, no response. I'm wondering what it will take to get the Oregon DOJ to finally move on this fraudulent company, RCM Plans, and get them to shut down their web site, stop stealing money from would-be customers, and either provide the product as advertised or refund the purchase price to folks who, in good faith, ordered (and paid for) merchandise from them.

FlyerInOKC 12-10-2013 06:18 AM

RCM would be money ahead if they just sold their plans operation like Scale Pans and Photo Service did. SCPS is johnny on the spot now.

sabenapilot 12-18-2013 09:36 AM

If you guys in the USA can't twist their arm, how could I do it from Europe? I ordered (and paid)2 plans from them in August.
Bye bye money. And what is worse, there's not a lot of RC plan services left. We model aircraft builders are dying out
Jo

sterbejj 12-18-2013 09:08 PM

Jo,

Maybe you could contact the folks who handle international affairs for your government. Perhaps a compalint coming from a Belgian government agency about the fraudulent practices of RCM Plans would be the spark needed to light the fire under these folks.

Just as an aside, The last communication I had from both RCM Plans and the Oregon DOJ last October promised me a monetary refund. I have not yet received either the plans I ordered, the promised refund, or any acknowldegement from the Oregon DOJ about my notification to them that I am still waiting for my plans/refund. I also notified the Oregon DOJ (twice in the lasst month or so) that the RCM Plans website is still on line and operating, taking orders and money, but so far as I know, RCM Plans is not providing the product for which people have paid.

Casey Sterbenz
AMA 86189

kdc 12-19-2013 05:12 AM

Sabenapilot ( Sabena -what a nice airline that was) if you paid by credit card you should be able to get a refund from the credit card company if your countries rules are as good as ours in Britain

There are still at least 3 plans services running well in England ....

MyHobbystores have all Radio Modeller, RCME, Scale Aircraft , original Aeromodeller, X List plans etc.

Traplet have RC Modelworld also Brian Taylor, Dennis Briant plans etc.

Model Flyer /ADH have Model Flyer, Aviation Modeller Int, Flying Scale Models, etc plans

dirtybird 12-24-2013 10:55 AM

if those people are advertizing, then accepting money for the plans and not delivering them they are committing fraud.File a complaint with their local sheriff.

machika 12-24-2013 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by kdc (Post 11688463)
Sabenapilot ( Sabena -what a nice airline that was) if you paid by credit card you should be able to get a refund from the credit card company if your countries rules are as good as ours in Britain

There are still at least 3 plans services running well in England ....

MyHobbystores have all Radio Modeller, RCME, Scale Aircraft , original Aeromodeller, X List plans etc.

Traplet have RC Modelworld also Brian Taylor, Dennis Briant plans etc.

Model Flyer /ADH have Model Flyer, Aviation Modeller Int, Flying Scale Models, etc plans

There is a time limit within which a claim has to be made. I waited beyond the time limit for my plan (I think it is about 3 months), so no claim is possible. If people in the US can't get anything done about this business, then there is no chance for anyone outside of the US getting anywhere with a complaint. Personally, I find it hard to understand why they cannot just put a block on this business carrying out credit card transactions.

proteus_X3 12-24-2013 02:05 PM

Well it's been almost a year and I still don't have my Pica/ Platt 65" FW-190 Dora plans...Never again will I order from RCM again.:mad:

As dirtybird stated this is FRAUD,TO BE MORE SPECIFIC IT IS MAIL FRAUD AND I FILING A COMPLAINT AGAINST RCM.I HAVE ATTEMPTED NUMEROUS TIMES AND THEY NEVER ANSWER My CALLS OR EMAILS.YES I'M PISSED.....Sorry for yelling,I just hate being ripped off.I know they are slow and I think I read there maybe so health related issues,but for crying out-loud, communicate these problems with your customer's, answer your phone and if needed stop taking money for product that you can't deliver in a timely manner.If anyone else is interested in filing a complaint see link.I'm posting my order that I just pulled from account on RCM's website "order status" is still [i]processing and shipping[/]
http://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/

Order Date: Thursday 27 December, 2012

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR="class: tableHeading, bgcolor: #CACACA"]
[TH="align: center"]Qty.[/TH]
[TH="align: center"]Products[/TH]
[TH="align: center"]Total[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: accountQuantityDisplay, align: center"]1 ea.[/TD]
[TD="class: accountProductDisplay"]FOCKE-WULF FW 190 D-9[/TD]
[TD="class: accountTotalDisplay, align: right"]$23.50[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[HR][/HR]
$23.50
Sub-Total:

$11.00
Plans rolled in MAIL TUBE (Best Way):

$34.50
Total:

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR="class: tableHeading, bgcolor: #CACACA"]
[TH="align: center"]Date[/TH]
[TH="align: center"]Order Status[/TH]
[TH="align: center"]Comments[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]12/27/2012[/TD]
[TD]Processing & Shipping[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[HR][/HR]Delivery Address

Rich Johnson

Elizabeth, New Jersey 07208
United StatesShipping Method

Plans rolled in MAIL TUBE (Best Way)

Billing Address

Rich Johnson

Elizabeth, New Jersey 07208
United StatesPayment Method

Credit Card

I truly wish I didn't need too do this but I have had it with them. Rich

USPS response: Mail Fraud Complaint form submitted successfully.Thank you for completing the form.
The information you provided will be entered into our national complaint system.
The U.S. Postal Inspection Service gathers data on mail-related crime to determine whether a violation has occurred. While we can't guarantee that we can recover lost money or items, your information can help alert Inspectors to problem areas and possibly prevent other people from being victimized. U.S. Postal Inspectors base their investigations on the number, substance, and pattern of complaints received from the public.
We ask you to keep all original documents related to your complaint. We will contact you ONLY if more information is needed.

kdc 12-25-2013 09:22 AM

I am not sure any fixed time limit exists. In any case one must allow a reasonable time for delivery. An order in August would only be expected to arrive in a month or more so its still within 3 months of non delivery. Persuing a claim from a Credit Card company now would be worthwhile because they might stop further credit card transactions so helping others.
I reckon everyone here wants RCM plans to continue in some way, maybe they will be bought out by someone. But continually mentioning fraud wont help that happen. Of course everyone desrves their plans or money back.

proteus_X3 12-25-2013 11:27 AM

I don't have an ax too grind with RCM Plans. But if they can't fulfill their obligation by providing plans I paid for, issue a refund.It's that simple,don't BS me and say that" it will be mailed out this week" which is want I was told in February. USPS is clear on what it conceers reasonable delivery times which is 6 to 8 weeks. https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/i...ouOrdered.aspx

USPS website: [TABLE="width: 764, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/W...35434849531250Home > Investigations > Mail Fraud > Didn’t Get What You Ordered?
[TABLE="width: 764"]
[TR]
[TD="class: body_header, bgcolor: black, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: body_text, align: center"]Didn’t Get What You Ordered?
Legitimate businesses appreciate feedback. Check the offer for the delivery time frame, usually 6 to 8 weeks, and then contact the company.
Please wait 2 weeks after contacting them before contacting us. When a delivery time is not specified, a Federal Trade Commission rule mandates fulfillment within 30 days, unless you applied for first-time credit with the company.
For more information on compliance rules for businesses, click here to read the Federal Trade Commission Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rules.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: footer_table, width: 764, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/images/facebook.png https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/images/youtube.png https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/images/twitter.png[/TD]
[TD="class: footer_nav"]ACCESSIBILITY | FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT | PRIVACY POLICY | U.S. POSTAL SERVICE | 1-877-876-2455[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

AERORICH73 01-10-2014 04:33 PM

RCM Plans Order placed in April '13

Hi: I placed an order for two plans in April 2013, and have not received them, nor replies to my number of e-mails. I grew up in Brookings, and my parents moved to Gold Beach after I joined the Navy in 1953. My wife and I are living in Scappose, Oregon which is 30 miles West of Portland. Believe a trip to Gold Beach will be made this year to track down these people for plans and answers. Get back to me at [email protected] I retired from Horizon Airlines in 2000.

Rich

sterbejj 01-10-2014 06:50 PM

Today I mailed yet another complaint to the Oregon DOJ about the non-responses I have gotten from RCM Plans. I ordered two plan sets in February 2013 and have not yet received what I ordered almost a year later. I filed a formal complaint with the Oregon DOJ and after sending several follow-up complaints I finally received an e-mailgram from Alicia Suarez at the DOJ (in October 2013) stating that they were in contact with RCM Plans and that I would be receiving a refund shortly. The DOJ message included an attachment mailgram from RCM Plans telling the DOJ that they would refund my money. On that same day I received an e-mailgram from RCM Plans apologizing for the problem and stating that they would be sending my refund out shortly. I'm still waiting for that refund. Some time ago I sent a letter to the Gold Beach, Oregon Postal Inspector complaining about the non-response from RCM Plans which uses a PO Box at Gold Beach. I have not received any response from the Postal Service at all. And all this time the RCM Plans website is still on line, still operating, still taking orders, still collecting money from folks who, in good faith, order stuff from them. Seems like the authorities at the Oregon DOJ and at the Gold Beach Oregon Post office really don't care about protecting the consumers who try to do business with a company within their jurisdiction.

bullseye000 01-11-2014 06:32 PM

Try the feds at the Internet Crime Complaint Center. http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Jeffrey R Johnson 02-07-2014 09:03 AM

Has any one found any information on rcm plans service? Has there been a buyer of the catalog of plans? I cant seem to get answers anywhere?? Like to get an update! Need set of plans for the Piper seneca 2 in rcm june 1980 issue plan # 803
Thanks in advance!
JJ

RCKen 02-07-2014 10:12 AM

There has been many people approach RCM plans and offer to buy the plans service. I know the AMA, Model Aiplane new, and even myself have offered to buy the plans service in order to keep it open and available to all modelers. Unfortunately they have not sold it and have decided to started ripping off modelers who give credit card info when trying to buy plans from the service. They should be avoided now. It's a sad state because there are a lot of iconic planes from the past history of our hobby contained in their plans service. It's sad indeed.

Ken

FlyerInOKC 02-07-2014 12:49 PM

Maybe if the orders dry up completely they will sell it and then someone credible can start over with it.

RCKen 02-07-2014 02:10 PM

I don't know what they want to do. When RCM magazine closed up I called the plans service and asked what they indented to do and explained that they did have such a treasure with all the plans they had. They said they intended to keep the plans service running as it was. I gave them my contact info and told them that if they ever changed their mind to contact me and I would buy the plans service from them. I've contacted them once since them and told them I was still interested. Since they stopped responding to sales I haven't been able to contact them any further and now I fear we will see nothing from them ever again.

ken

edwarda10pilot 02-08-2014 12:56 PM

RCM Plans

Last week I ordered a set of plans from RCM for the Mark Frankel RA 5 Vigilante. Payment was made with credit card and the transaction was shown as complete. When placing the order the website states that it may take 2-3 weeks for delivery. After reading this thread I placed a call to them today (541-247-2222) and also thru the toll free number (1-877-247-2290). When I called the 541 # the phone rang four times and then went to busy signal. When I called the toll free number I got a recording that the number had been disconnected or no longer was in service. Man I wish I had seen this thread sooner.

Ed

KW_Counter 02-09-2014 07:29 AM

Contact your credit card company and get your money back.
I ordered from them a year or so back and after waiting a reasonable amount of time tried to contact them.
When that failed I contacted my CCard company for a refund.
A lot more bad info has come out about them since that time.
You have a limited time window within which to do this - 30 days I think.

Good Luck,
KW_Counter

AERORICH73 02-09-2014 12:56 PM

Fellows: Richard here in Scappoose, Oregon 30 miles from Portland. I am sending a printout to the Gold Beach police department for notifying them of the Fraud beening done through RCM Plans Service at P.O. Box 1565 at the local post office. Maybe they can pick up the person getting the mail from this box, and charge them with postal fraud. Also, they can find out if the mail is being forwarded to another address which can be used to locate these people. I will pass on any info I get back from Gold Beach, Oregon.

[email protected]

edwarda10pilot 02-09-2014 01:09 PM

Richard:

Thanks very much. Looking forward to what you find out.

Ed

petduf 02-09-2014 02:13 PM

Hi everyone. I to have been caught by RCM plans. I have found that as of 4th October 2013 they are in "Administrative Dissolution". Unfortunately the web site is still working and taking money, but it seems you will never see your plans. Real shame the company has gone, as they used to provide a great service and had a terrific list of plans. Now it seems to be nothing more than a website committing fraud. I don't understand why it hasn't been shut down yet. Hope someone can get the plans or buy the business and save it. Peter.

FlyerInOKC 02-10-2014 06:54 AM

For Postal Fraud contact the Postal Inspectors and file a formal complaint. They will stack out the box and pick up the body they will also flag the address as fraudulent and any mail will be returned automatically.

edwarda10pilot 02-10-2014 07:36 PM

Success :)

On Saturday I filed a dispute with my credit card company and this evening I got a notification that my account had been credited with the $41 and that the company would bill RCM for the money. Hopefully, when they bill RCM they will discover that RCM is committing fraud. Thanks to all of you for helping with this and I wish you all the best in your efforts to recover your money.

Ed