RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/)
-   -   Bobcad CAD/CAM Software for $175!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/11403329-bobcad-cad-cam-software-%24175.html)

c550th 02-09-2013 05:56 AM

Bobcad CAD/CAM Software for $175!!

Guys I just bought Bobcad CAD/CAM software from Len1007 on Ebay.

If you need CAD CAM software this is a steal, and he's legit. I called Bobcad, and the registration they sent meis totally real!!

The set even comes with the post processor disc.

This software is $795 from Bobcad direct!!!!!

dreadnaut 02-10-2013 06:00 AM

RE: Bobcad CAD/CAM Software for $175!!

We use MasterCAM at work. I looked into Bobcad. I like it, but our company is already invested in MasterCAM. Too bad. The Bobcad people act like they are hungry for business. They also allow third parties to publish training materials. If you want any kind of training on MasterCAM, you MUST go through them.

ppljr 02-10-2013 08:57 AM

Careful, once BobCad gets their hooks into you they are really hard to let go. I get calls about 12 times a year asking for more business, even after I stopped using them and told them that I had moved on. I'm considering going with RhinoCAM. Like anything else, you get what you pay for.

BadAzzMaxx 02-17-2013 07:56 AM

ORIGINAL: c550th

Guys I just bought Bobcad CAD/CAM software from Len1007 on Ebay.

If you need CAD CAM software this is a steal, and he's legit. I called Bobcad, and the registration they sent me is totally real!!

The set even comes with the post processor disc.

This software is $795 from Bobcad direct!!!!!

What version was it.

I bought the version 25 standard and love it.

I have a CNC router I built about two years ago and have been limited in what I could do with it until I purchased the software.

I had never worked with a Cad Cam software before and now I have done several projects and cut them with my router.

Great bag for the buck.

Milton

dreadnaut 02-17-2013 08:52 AM

ORIGINAL: ppljr

Careful, once BobCad gets their hooks into you they are really hard to let go. I get calls about 12 times a year asking for more business, even after I stopped using them and told them that I had moved on. I'm considering going with RhinoCAM. Like anything else, you get what you pay for.
Yeah, that is true, but they only have my company e-mail, and in the work place you really need to tolerate a certain volume of "sales mail". In the software business there are several monopolistic players. Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk, and DSS come to mind. My problem with MasterCAM is the way they use their market dominance to dictate terms to the customer. The thing I like best about BobCAD is that they are competition.

aldepoalo 02-18-2013 05:58 AM

I work at BobCADand are here to help. I am not sure what version is being offered, but I can tell you the software we offer now is excellent. Like anything there is a learn curve, once you have some of the basic programming down you'll really be able to go to town with this software! We do offer 2-5 axis tool paths for mill, which is modualar so you can add on features as you need them.

If anyone has any questions about BobCAD and how it works etc, I am here to help!

Check out my youtube page to learn more about the features we offer.

www.youtube.com/user/Depoalo

We have a really good on line help system so if you want to lear more about the way BobCAD works you can always read through the topics.

Here is a sample which talks about our stock wizard.

www.bobcad.com/components/webhelp/BobCADCAMV25/en/Tutorials/CAM/The_Milling_Stock_Wizard/All_Stock_Wizard_Topics/Creating_Rectangular_Milling_Stock_with_2D_Geometr y.htm

I use BobCADand I love RC. So please feel free to PM me with any questions or let me know if I can help in any way.

Al