RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/)
-   -   BeechCraft 350i King Air (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/11613279-beechcraft-350i-king-air.html)

ByLoudDesign 02-13-2015 07:07 AM

BeechCraft 350i King Air

I have been ask to do a design of this A/C. Be a great project but after days of surfing all I have is a lot of great photos from airliners.net. There are several set of 3-views but they are not of a quality that would be good for a true scale model. Any one out there know of a source of measured lines drawings? I have a email at BeechCraft technical, hoping it will product some good results. Thanks!!!!

ByLoudDesign 03-19-2015 06:52 AM

Got a lot of good help with the information I needed to make good scale design. As I went through it all I realized the it would be so easy to provide the design for the 200, 250, 300 and 350 as they are all based on the same airframe, just adding length to the fuselage and nacelles in all cases, and in the case of the 350 some more nose. The 90 will take a little more effort as the whole tail is different so it would be last if I do it. So I am busy working on the line drawings for the base; the 200, then will modify it to get the 350. Later doing the other versions; 250 and 300!.

Walther 03-22-2015 04:03 PM

What is the size of the airplane?

ByLoudDesign 03-22-2015 05:00 PM

The whole King Air series will be 1:4 scale!

ByLoudDesign 05-06-2016 08:17 AM

Have been able to work on the 350i for the last several weeks as the plant where I work is torn up for a reconfiguration to install CNC and paint booths. The 350i is 95% done, just waiting on the LG info to complete the nacelles and the nose area of the fuselage. The builder is going to use a pair of 3w110a inline motor and will need to get a muffler system built. To get the motors in those small nacelles they will be twisted about ±30° This will facilitate only having four hole for the needle valve adjustments and the exhaust outlet from the muffle center bottom!Which works out well as it point the exhaust port up enough the allow a good sizes bend to get the exhaust back through the firewall to the muffler The question is is there a custom muffler system builder out there somewhere?

fly4food18 05-22-2016 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Subscribed.

I fly a 350I. I love the plane. I am looking forward to your progress and pictures. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2163674

ByLoudDesign 05-25-2016 07:21 AM

Need to check one thing and I have been searching and searching to no avail! I got good info on the 200 for placement of the wing on the fuselage and nacelle length. But all I can find are those sketches that people call drawings! I guess drawings have different meanings to the layman a/o draftsman!! LOL!! Most of them you can tell are wrong! I got data off the Beechcraft website for fuselage length change. I have brought photos into ACAD and compare lengths, but am not happy with that at all because of the fact that things closer to the front of the photo are bigger then items further away. I tried to compare the nacelle length to the wing width on the outside of the nacelle and am happier with that,but it is still pretty much just a guess! Is there anyone out there that has any accurate info they could/would share!! Thanks!

ByLoudDesign 05-26-2016 08:46 AM

Hey! fly4food18, I wanted to put the twin stabilizers in the 350i and have search the 2632 photo on "Airliners.net", and it seems that are many versions of them form a vertically narrow version of the center stab on the 200, to two outboard fin and two outboard fins with a small center fin to some real ugly very tall twin fins! I am thinking I stay with the center fin. The simple twins, from the photos it looks like they are parallel to the center line and just off being dead vertical to the outside at their lowest by ±5°??

fly4food18 05-26-2016 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am not sure which ones you are talking about. We have 2 strakes on the bottom of the fuse. These help with Yaw.

Let me know what other pictures you need I can take more.

Brianhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2164293

ByLoudDesign 05-26-2016 11:46 AM

I know what they are for, there the feathers on the arrow!! Did not know their names, "strakes" HUH!! any way can you answer the question? Maybe a photo from center aft? that would answer a lot. the smaller on on the center line is to provide the tie down right seems like I can see a hole there in some of the photos!! Thanks!

ByLoudDesign 08-26-2016 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
On the Beechcraft 350i King Air and i am going to use a main tanks with a fuel pump to feed a small service tanks in the nacelles. The main tank will have the vent line hooked to the normal connection on the tank, run to the highest point in the fuse and then out the wing to directly below the fuel dot, the return from the service tank will be hooked to the normal fill connection, and the clunk will feed the fuel pump. The service tank will use the vent connection as the overflow back to the main tank, the clunk will be the feed to the engine and the fill will receive the fuel from the pump. I think thin is the correct setup??
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2178354

ByLoudDesign 04-12-2018 08:26 AM

Well She is completed!! If you were on my list of interested builders you have already received information and prices. If your not contact me thru my website "Contact" point and I will gladly it info to you!! TNT stopped carrying the CF tube I have in all my model, but it turned out great for the modeler; as now I have a supplier that is supplying CF tube Kits. All the tubes and ferrule are cut to proper length and ready to use. Savings of the modeler over $150.00, if you bought the tubes and Had to cut them yourself. plus the time it takes to cut and clean up the ends!!!

ByLoudDesign 05-09-2018 12:29 PM

I have a problem!!! All the models I design because of their sizes; Giant scale, need gear that is never off the shelf.For years now I have have work with one supplier, but he is selling his company; Century Jet, and the new owner is not going to be continuing the landing gear business.This comes at a horrible time for me as I just finished the Beechcraft 350I King Air and have several modelers interested in it. More importantly a company representing a movie company that wishes to build 4 to 6 models for use in making a movie!So it leave me scrambling to find a supplier for this project as well as the other many models I have. They do not need scale gear for the RC models as they will only be use for flight time shots instead of racking up hundreds of real flight hours!I have tried Serria Giant Scale and Shindin Machine with no luck! I prefer electrical gear, but if absolutely necessary I will work with air. If interested in doing this project a/o providing gear for my other models let me know! I have attached the cover sheet and the profile drawings from the plan set for the model. I prefer electric gear but I see the yours is air! Please visit my website to see the various models that I will need gear for if interested contact me at "[email protected]"
Thanks

ByLoudDesign 05-25-2018 09:01 AM

A supplier for the landing gear has come forward and he is busy making the first set for testing. The kit is electrical and will be provided as a complete system, ready to bolt in! The final price is not in yet determined, however he is confident it will be less then $2200.00USD.

The other good new is SC Models is busy on the plugs and mold to make the cowls; same for port and starboard; the nacelles; they are the same shape inboard and outboard so it is a matter of cutting out the wing slots to make them a port or starboard nacelle, the equipment hatch , landing gear bay doors and the aft chunk that will attach to the flap! The Set if their estimate to me works out should be less the $1000.00USD delivered to you

I founs a CF tube supplier that will provide CF parts cut to fit and ready to install. That way you are not buying tube that you are only using a small part oF. On the BKA it saves the modeler >$150.00.

ByLoudDesign 06-25-2018 02:20 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...8832d69d18.jpg

Nacelle bottom
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...4c59b9e1ec.jpg

nacelle top
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...68529f4852.jpg

Nose cone
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...d8d7a74ccf.jpg

Cowl
The major composite plugs are done, the pod for the V to H stab is the last!

ByLoudDesign 07-15-2018 09:13 AM

I am happy to tell you that I have a supplier for the landing gear! If you have received a information/price sheet lately the estimated prices that I use was retracts only, I did not note that in the supplier email. He insists we do complete systems, and after hearing his concerns I agree! If there are failures in our system we can address them knowing it is our equipment and not something the builder has provided!As noted in the information/price sheet attached, it is only offered as a complete and tested system. You have to much time and money spent on the model to have gear fail. The option is semi-scale, they may be upgraded to full scale at a price to be determined when requested. If you wish a new sheet email me!!

ByLoudDesign 08-10-2019 12:09 PM

Hello all!
i am not sure who is or maybe still interested in the BKA, but wanted to give out a update! As you most likely know Century Jet is no more, he quit without giving me an notice! It has been a looooong search to find someone to fill the empty hole. the gear will be offered as fully functioning tested systems in air or electric! They are offered this way for a very important reason. Your are going to end up spending several thousand dollar on your BKA. As a warranty issue, I do not what to get into a dog fight over, is it the retracts that failed or the control system you supplied. One of the neat feature of his retract are, if the system goes down the landing gear is lowered. They will be semi-scale with functioning oleo struts and scissors. So if you wish they maybe be fitted with add-on to become full scale. I will provide you with a updated Information/Prices sheet if you drop me a email..I wish I had a photo to show, but have included a link to the website of the new supplier at the bottom of this email. The larges retracts he sells through his catalog is called "Giant Scale Professional", but they are for smaller models, they must call this giant scale, huge giant scale. He makes a private line for modelers of all sizes.The mounting of the ones you are seeing are light weight alum castings and not rugged enough for the BKA!If you have any question I will be glad to answer them or find out the answer if I can. Remember the only dumb question is the one you did not ask!!

Charlie2565 04-29-2020 12:17 PM

The Beechcraft 350i King Air now has all it's ducks in a row. If you are still or newly interested in her go thru the contact point on my web site "bylouddesign.com" and I will sens you pull details.