RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/)
-   -   Pitts M12 26% plans available soon (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/2645862-pitts-m12-26%25-plans-available-soon.html)

LowKey3D 03-11-2006 10:28 AM

RE: Pitts M12 26% plans available soon

Ask Mr. Kimball they own the right to the scale M12

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3704048

Lowlevlflyer 03-11-2006 09:51 PM

I dont see how you could do a conversion like that. The S-1-11 Super Stinker and the Model 12 are nothing alike. The fuselages are different, the wings are different, the front end and cowl are totally different, the gear is different... etc, etc., etc. The Model 12 was designed around a radial engine, that's the main reason it's so unique and different. The Super Stinker is just a hot rodded version of the regular Pitts S-1, with different wings and a few other changes. They are two totally different aircraft.

dubya_o 03-16-2006 10:54 AM

Has anyone gotten the plans recently? I'm ready to buy the full kit but there hasn't been a post from Bernard since December and I haven't had any response from my request for plans.

Wally

rgunder 03-16-2006 11:51 AM

dubya_o,

For time's sake, Bernard sends the plans generally once a week by email, after gathering the full week's requests. I am sure that your request will be filled within days, if not please send me a PM. Thanks for your patience.

dubya_o 03-16-2006 12:39 PM

Thanks Richard. I got the plans from Bernard about the same time you replied! I'll look over the plans tonight and you should see my order Friday or Monday.

Wally

highfly3D 03-17-2006 05:53 AM

Hello dubya o

Even i got the plans but the problem is it is in pdf format, and are in diffrent pages, do you have the dxf version of this plan or is is possible ofr me to take the print out of the PDF file on one whole page without any joints.

Highfly3D

rgunder 03-17-2006 10:34 AM

highfly3D,

The distribution should have contained 4 files; two for the wing plan and two for the fuse plan. One file is tiled to fit on a smaller printer, the other should be full size. Most document printing companies should be able to print the plan for you at full scale.

Hope that helps.

thesaent14 03-21-2006 08:10 PM

hello to all i have a really new Q???? i am new at this i dont know anyting about it but ill like to diy one of this planes i have a DIY cnc machine can i cut the plans with this machine inted of the laser machine

ps

sorry for my spelling and thanks to all :D

thesaent14 03-22-2006 08:39 PM

any one please

rgunder 03-22-2006 08:56 PM

thesaent14,

I may be misunderstanding your question, but it seems that you are asking if your machine is capable of cutting these parts. Although, I would guess that is not the intent of your question. Maybe you could clarify the question?

Thanks.

mikeperik 03-22-2006 10:48 PM

I know at one time Bernard distributed the CNC file with the PDF files. The file contained the laided out parts that were to be cut.
But I don't believe I have the liberty to pass them on to you. You would have to get them from Bernard.

Mike

thesaent14 03-23-2006 07:18 PM

yes my Q?? was if a am able to cut this parts in my cnc machine

what are they made of i am good with wood and fiber glass i tink i can make one my self i just need some intructions because i dont know noting about this hobby but ill love to get in it

my dream is to built this type of byplane i love how it looks and i know is to adbance for a biginer but this is what i want

thanks for the rply

mikeperik 03-23-2006 08:34 PM

The parts that the laser sheet have on it are the ribs, formers, fuse parts as well as other various parts. They are made out of various thicknesses of ply and balsa.

Mike

thesaent14 03-24-2006 12:01 AM

so it can't be done on a cnc machine o i have to buy the kit from this page i have the cnc machine and i tink the plans to or somting similar but it can or can't be donde

mikeperik 03-24-2006 01:09 PM

I'm sorry, I kept using the term "laser sheet", I should have said CNC sheet. I'm assuming the Parts sheet could be used to cut the parts on a CNC machine. I'm not sure that the parts sheet in DXF format is available any more. You'd have to ask Bernard.

Mike

Texan 04-04-2006 02:52 PM

I am interested in this plane. Can someone please post pictures of your construction progress with comments regarding the design. Are you running into any major snags? Does the structural strength seem appropriate to 3D loadings? Does anyone have a flight report? How is the weight and balance?

Thanks,
Scott

rgunder 04-11-2006 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

I thought I would post an updated photo of my personal build progress. Included in the photo are some of the accessories available, including the wing tubes (in the wing), the cabanes, and the wheel pants. The cowling pictured is made with the formers available in the short kit and the stringers and skins available in the full wood kit.

I look forward to some other build photos.

Texan 04-11-2006 05:44 PM

Richard,

It's looking good so far. Do you have a fiberglass cowl and plastic canopy yet?

rgunder 04-11-2006 06:07 PM

Scott,

The canopy and cowling are in work with a very capable manufacturer. We had initially developed tooling in-house to build the canopy and cowling; however, we found that the quality of the final product did not live up to the level of quality that we hope our customers come to expect from Gunderson AeroDesign LLC. As a result, the delivery date for the fiberglass cowling and the polycarbonate canopy have not been set, but should be soon.

Texan 04-11-2006 09:35 PM

Richard,

Thanks again for the information. I look forward to seeing the new parts and future progress reports on your M12.

dubya_o 04-12-2006 12:56 AM

Lookin good Richard! UPS says mine will be here Monday, can't wait to get started.

bipeaddict 04-12-2006 05:23 AM

Richard,

What size engine do you intend on putting in your Pitts? Would a DA 50 be appropriate for this airplane?

rgunder 04-12-2006 10:23 AM

I have been on the fence about engine selection. Right now, I am actually leaning toward going brushless rather than gas or glow. Bernard flew the prototype with a 35cc MVVS glow engine. The DA 50 is slightly lighter, with an additional 1 hp, so it would seem to be a good choice. In fact, here I go falling back onto the gas side of the fence! I can just picture the finished plane at the field with a nice 3-bladed prop and that great engine sound! Decisions, decisions...

rgunder 04-13-2006 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello again everyone.

I have made some more progress on my Spirit of Pitts build. I thought I would share a quick photo with you. More later...

Texan 04-13-2006 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would be tempted to try the G62 lite from rcign. At 1800+ sq in, the plane should handle the power. However, there are many good choices of gas engines in the 50cc range.