RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/)
-   -   Airfoil for Funtana (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/3293229-airfoil-funtana.html)

Fikus 08-24-2005 02:04 AM

Airfoil for Funtana

Before my question please sorry for my English ;)

I building a 3D airplane Funtana from drawing of Exclusive Modellbau. But i have a problem with wing Airfolils. Which airfoil is used at the end of the Wing? Have you got somebody the original aurfoils from Sebastiano Silvestri? Thank you for all answers. Filip - Czech republic

Tall Paul 08-24-2005 12:10 PM

RE: Airfoil for Funtana

1 Attachment(s)
If memory serves, the tip airfoil is the same thickness as the root airfoil, just shorter in chord.
In a CAD or drawing program, take the root airfoil, and keeping the same thickness inthe y-dimension, change the chord by the percentage difference of the x-dimension between root and tip.

Fikus 08-25-2005 05:39 AM

So that I can use for example NACA 0012 fot the root and NACA 0020 for the top of the wing. I´ve got a built plan prom Exclusive modelbau for funtana 2x2meters and the NACA 64-012A 14% is used at the root of wing. But the airfoil, which is used at the end is not described. I have a lot of photos and the most similar airfoil is EPLLER 476. Can I use a combination of these two Airfoils? Thanks. :eek:

Stoeptegel 09-27-2005 09:15 AM

Hi,

Do you have a S or a Pro? In case of a Pro, the root airfoil has not the same thickness as the tip. The tip is 50 mm thick and the root rib is 72,5 mm. This delta thickness, don't know the english word for it, but this difference of thickness is distributed evenly over the ribs from root to tip. In case of a S, I don't know. I only have a Pro.
I just finished mine. Just have to wait for the right weather...

http://foto.modelbouwforum.nl/albums...slag%20106.jpg

Goodluck with it!

Christiaan Vis

PropWrench 10-02-2005 01:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ficus,

Here is a PDF of a wing layout for a scaled Funtana Pro. I also a 2 Meter Exclusiv Modellbau and I reverse engineered it for a .50 size engine. This file has the exact profile used on the 2M bird. Hope this helps.

Fikus 11-01-2005 08:05 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your PDF airfoil. I´m very happy, because this airfoils are the same like my airfoils.
So one more thank you.

Filip, Czech Republic

Jerry C 01-06-2006 04:24 PM

Does anyone have a file for the wing ribs on a Funtana 140 Pro? I would like to have the ribs laser cut for my scratch build.
Jerry

highfly3D 02-01-2006 11:53 AM

Hi

Dose any one has a plan for 40 -50 size katana, please i need help i searched every were i didnt find one, i want to scratch build it. [email protected]

Regards
Harry Supley.

GmasterB 03-21-2006 01:35 PM

HI All!

@PropWench: Is it possible to get yout 3D drawings of the Funtana?
I'd like to downscale the Funtana to a S90 one (1,4 meters wingspan)

Best regards, Frank

highfly3D 03-21-2006 10:29 PM

hello

I am working on a katana 40 size plans wingspan about 55" it will be be ready soon, the ailerons are 1/4" built up like funfly plane but rest all is scale like the actual Katana.

Highfly3D.

Av8er Tim 04-01-2006 11:06 PM

PropWrench - What airfoil is used for the Funtana Pro in the PDF? Also, do you have the full plans? I'd like to do a big electric Funtana.

Tim

ORIGINAL: PropWrench

Ficus,

Here is a PDF of a wing layout for a scaled Funtana Pro. I also a 2 Meter Exclusiv Modellbau and I reverse engineered it for a .50 size engine. This file has the exact profile used on the 2M bird. Hope this helps.