RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/)
-   -   Brian Taylor 68" AT-6 / Harvard plans (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/5768185-brian-taylor-68%22-6-harvard-plans.html)

clscale-RCU 04-25-2007 11:40 AM

Brian Taylor 68" AT-6 / Harvard plans

I have a set of plans for a Harvard / AT-6 by Brian Taylor with a 68" span and was wondering if anyone has built a model from these set of plans. What is interesting is that Bob Holman does not list these plans in his catalog. The model is .60 powered with fixed gear and no flaps shown on the plans.

Any input would be appreciated.

CoosBayLumber 04-26-2007 08:20 PM

RE: Brian Taylor 68" AT-6 / Harvard plans

You must have one of the earlier set of plans, for the retracting gear version is the current one. Brian stopped making plans a good ten years ago or more. The Harvard was one of his last.

Have you made inquiery at the B.T. forum at RCSCALEBUILDER?

Wm.

greenbaron 04-27-2007 04:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a very old plan, no more available. Now you can find only the bigger version. I had it collecting dust in the workshop for years and I finally decided to give her a chance a couple of years ago. I have Eurokit retracts with homemade legs, no flaps (she doesn´t need them) and OS 91 with Pitts style muffler and some more homemade plumbing. Very good flyer...
Not a very good pic, but no more in flight.

Victor

FlyerInOKC 04-27-2007 11:57 AM

I think I inherted those very same plans. I'll have to dig them out. I would love to hear how the build goes. thank you

clscale-RCU 04-30-2007 11:59 AM

thanks everyone, confirms that the model is worth putting together. By the way Fiberglass Specialities has cowl RL-14 for the royal AT-6 that is almost a perfect match for these plans. I'll starting building this once I get my current project in painting mode.

OldDC 07-11-2012 08:05 PM

RE: Brian Taylor 68

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Gents, just found your thread and hope you don't mind me coming in.
I have also built the BT AT-6 and are now up to the painting stage and is fully undercoated..
I suppose you could say I have gone over board with my build as I have included fully detailed sliding cockpits including rudder bar in front,all clocks & dials throttle quad' etc etc, together with detailed split flaps, full lighting as well as instrument panel lights, retracts (Robart) and doors, scale exhaust by a flexible pipe and powered by an ASP 91. Oh sorry plus panel lines and rivets..God only knows how many rivets are on the thing.

If anyone is interested I have a lot ofbuild photos.

I have uploaded only one (I hope) but would be happy to email anyone interested or try to post more here.

OldDC 07-11-2012 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are some of the very early stages of the build and since then the external lights have been redone with a scale look and have litho plate surrounds with the wing tip lights reduced in size and again with litho covers.

Will take some current pics on the weekend to provide an update.

OldDC 07-15-2012 06:47 PM

As a step forward please see pic attached of my panel lines and rivets. I have now also painted the wings silver, however looks too bright and will need to be rubbed down with wet/dry paper then after the nomenclature is added together with the weathering effects - matt clear coated.

You guys all seem very quiet, would love to hear from you and see some of your projects.

OldDC 07-15-2012 06:48 PM

As a step forward please see pic attached of my panel lines and rivets. I have now also painted the wings silver, however looks too bright and will need to be rubbed down with wet/dry paper then after the nomenclature is added together with the weathering effects - matt clear coated.

You guys all seem very quiet, would love to hear from you and see some of your projects.

OldDC 07-15-2012 06:54 PM

Sorry for the double up guys.

OldDC 07-15-2012 07:53 PM

Haing problems loading pics,,,,, sorry folks.

OldDC 07-15-2012 08:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Clscale, Yep I think it's a great build, although at times can certainly give you something to think about especiall if you add split flaps and retracts.

As per previous I will have another go at loading some pics for you..........here goes...........

OldDC 07-15-2012 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple with the wing painted.

OldDC 10-11-2012 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well not sure why nobody has continued this thread but anyway I have at last now completed my project and have attached somephoto's. I anybody would like any additional information of my build I am happy to help where I can. I certainly enjoyed building this model and have added a lot of detail much of which cannot been seen with this lot of pics.
To all those that are building from these plans Cheers, keep up the good work.

Sir Crashalot 10-12-2012 10:30 PM

OldDC

WOW! She turned out BEAUTIFUL! The cockpit detail is off the chart! A great job. I love the Warbirds!

OldDC 11-28-2012 08:30 PM

Thank you for your generous encouraging comments Sir Crashalot.
I really enjoyed the build. Currently having trouble with the left retract at the moment it goes up but then sticks and won't come down.......Driving me crazy.

Worked out my next project, I intend to scratch build a Royal Plan Stinson Reliant SR-9 84 1/2 inch span. Have ordered and paid for the plans but seem very slow in getting here.
My intesion is to either join another build thread or start my own, should be an interesting project also.

Cheers for now and once again, thank you for your comments.

P.S Have followed you a couple of times in othe forums I think it was another At-6 thread.