Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Lanier Mariner 40

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Lanier Mariner 40

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 09:40 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lanier Mariner 40

Just first flighted the Mariner today and I needed a lot of up trim in the elevator for level flight. The CG is right where it should be, and I was careful to get the upthrust correct.

Once trimmed, it flew very well, but it seems to me that the stab incidence may be a little off.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Jim
Old 08-04-2003, 10:51 PM
bill white
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier Mariner 40

I'm on my second mariner. (the first on stalled, engine out on an aborted landing, and crashed on land). I have a Saito .80 in it, and it flies great. I had to put about 10 oz. of wt. in the nose to get it balanced. I have not noticed a problem w/the elevator trim. BUT, the plane has a nasty habit of tip stalling if the speed gets too low. Fortunately, the first incident occured just as the plane was about to settle onto the water. The second incident occured as the plane was lifting off, w/insufficient airspeed. The resultant tip stall resulted in minor damage. These incidences occurred after several uneventful flights. (The takeoff stall/crash happened because the fuel line had developed an air leak, and the engine was not developing adequate power). I can't imagine this plane, off the water, w/the recommended .40 engine in it.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:46 PM
ravin
My Feedback: (6)

Default Mariner Elevator Trim

I have a 40 Mariner w/ a 61 supertiger. Didn't experience any problems with elevator trim. Only had a couple of clicks to get everything zero in.

My plane seems nice and light on the sticks. Does nice 4 points rolls and tracks real nice on straight and level flight. I haven't any problems with it snapping a low speeds. I have about 20 flights with it. Its kinda like a cub, just doesn't want land. Does not flat turns too.

The only thing I don't like about the plane is getting the wing on and making up the ailerons connections. Did just buy some longer extensions to help with that.

I set the CG as manufacturer suggest.

Best of luck
[email protected]
Old 07-27-2005, 04:16 PM
bobnreg

Default RE: Lanier Mariner 40

YES CHEC
K the stab incedence mine was 3 deg positive Lanier said it should be 0 deg
Old 07-28-2005, 12:07 PM
britbrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bill white

I can't imagine this plane, off the water, w/the recommended .40 engine in it.

Off the water ain't a problem -- it just taxis & taxis & taxis & --------!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 10:04 PM
flyinbryan

have a mariner with a tower hobbies .46 off the water is NOT a problem it takes off in 100 feet or less every time