Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Roll Left Kadet JR Floats

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Roll Left Kadet JR Floats

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 12:25 AM
xtech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll Left Kadet JR Floats

I flew my Kadet JR .25 w/GP .20 floats for the 1st time. All went well . The lower Yaw Stab req. Without LYStab cannot conntrol left roll. Why roll Left? Much Right Yaw or Roll trim req before next flt. Input appreciated. Rudder setup at full travel not enough. I think need to add solder thread arm to float rudder or other suggestions
Thanks much.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	102266_20741.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	57821  
Old 08-17-2003, 02:29 PM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roll Left Kadet JR Floats

Did it roll left BEFORE you adde the floats, or did you ever fly it from wheels? Kadets of any variation usually can carry floats without any other modification.

Have you checked the engine thrust line? You might get by with less downthrust than the plans say, but it sounds like you might need right thrust. Adding a ventral fin would tend to even things out by catching some of the rotating slipstream that opposit the direction that the vertical stabilizer catches.

The only thing I can see from your photo is that it looks like you could use more incidence. Level the top of the floats, and the wing should be at 3-4 degrees POSITIVE (up) incidence.

Also, double check to make sure both floats are parallel to the centerline of the plane..if they are pointed to the right, it could be making you roll left.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:33 AM
xtech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left Roll Kadet

I kit built the airplane and I have several flights on land w/ no such problems. It flies straight and true w/little trim. I checked the floats and they appear paralell to the fus. I have added foam(water proofing) to wing since land flt and lowered incidince prior to float flight. (higher trailing edge than leading edge) My Rudder doesnt have much throw it seems on grd rig but in land flt plenty. Maybe I need to reattach lwr yaw stab(velcro) w/right turn???what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	103626_20741.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	57822