Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

BEARCAT-FISH MAIDEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iAXQIYc67k. Thought you would like to see a 30 year old Bearcat converted to a fish. G-62 power. The float split on landing. Building foamies for next weekend's event. Hope to have more video.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk27670.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	1640374  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: BEARCAT-FISH MAIDEN

Hi Simco,

Nice rendition of a 'Cat on floats. Good flying sequence and looks to be a great location for flying off water.

You may wish to enlarge your floats a bit. It appears your floats are just barely able to support the weight of the plane. You might also consider adding a dorsal fin to the plane to increase its stability. Most float conversions need that extra bit of dorsal fin. The Wildcat in your pictures had a significant amount of vertical stabilzer area added to the plane.

Keep us posted on your 'Cat!

Carlos G.
    Sig Kadet Brotherhood #84

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This airplane was an assortment of parts I had on Hand. Floats were 1/4 scale from a Taylorcraft. I knew they were too small. The new floats are 8 inchs longer. Foamies from SEA PLANE SUPPLY.( I just payed more for the floats than I payed for the airplane.) Should hold the weight just fine. As far as stability goes it was solid as a rock. More my nerves than the airplane. Took all of 1 click of down trim to fly hands off. Like the side of the airplane says TEST. I'm happy with right now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's another shot from this weekend with a new set of Seaplane supply floats. Rides alot nicer. On the balancer it was a tad heavy. Took weight off the front end for the lighter floats but not enough. Going to readjust again. Just a pain in the butt to maneuver.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki19932.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	1645544